This role is an integral part of the Global Procurement team, a fast paced, dynamic, and growing organization, which is chartered to directly support all of Zynga’s business units on a global basis. Reporting into the Head of Procurement & Strategic Sourcing, the ideal Procurement Specialist will effectively lead the administration of the procurement function for assigned region(s), functional business unit(s) and commodities following established corporate and internal standard operating policy and procedure statements. The ideal Procurement Specialist will have a passion for procurement operations, process improvement, and support the development of a growing Global Procurement function by following a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach for the organization. The Procurement Specialist works in close collaboration with the Lines of Business, FP&A, Accounts Payable and Procurement team members to successfully deliver procurement services. Work performed in a collaborative, fast paced changing multi-cultural global environment. High energy, self-motivation, and initiative to achieve and exceed individual and department performance goals and objectives are a necessity to excel in the position.
- Manages low to medium dollar and non-complex and standard commodity assignments.
- Reviews assigned purchase requisitions to ensure appropriate purchasing method/structure, proper authorization, specifications, and Legal compliance
- Takes responsibility and creates Oracle Purchase Order properly in compliance with contract terms, department policy, and procedures
- Accountable for researching and resolving Receiving and Accounts Payable issues for assigned purchase order and departments
- Assures integrity of the requisition and purchase order control system, establishing/maintaining current databases, monitoring requisition status. Assists in expediting delinquent purchase orders and delivery of materials and services; coordinates all appropriate actions with user group and supplier(s).
- Maintains vital departmental databases and purchase order control logs. Assures that all data are compiled, entered, represented, and maintained accurately and correctly.
- Provides assistance and guidance to user departments regarding the clarification of purchasing policies, procedures, practices; advises user groups of correct methodologies to be employed when making and confirming receipt of an acquisition.
- Performs research of various information using resources such as the Internet and internal control logs and databases; prepares spreadsheets, comparative analysis, and special reports when directed.
- Retrieves purchasing data; disburses and maintain files related to purchase orders and purchasing
- Leverages current supply base and develops new sources of supply when required.
- Conducts customer training to support compliance to Zynga procure-to-pay procedures
- Responsible for sending and tracking physical contracts and purchase orders to and from vendor.
- Support process improvements and process change initiatives.
- Meets or exceeds department performance expectations
- Meets or exceeds customers' expectations to achieve quality results.
- May conduct, analyze and award competitive bids (RFQ, RFI, and RFP).
- May negotiate contracts to support procurement requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years experience working as a Buyer in Procurement or other related functions within a large organization.
- Proven ability to train end users on system/workflow responsibilities within Oracle iProcurement as it relates to procurement operations
- Demonstrated experience in managing a high volume of requests and providing related administrative support within a large organization.
- Public company experience is a plus
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English and other languages required based on regional assignment.
- Self motivated and can keep to deadlines
- Can self manage time to keep pace with workload peaks and valleys
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, database tools
- Experience with Oracle and iProcurement
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Understand and apply procurement, accounting, and contract policies and procedures
- Work cooperatively and effectively with those contacted during the course of work
- Projects a professional image through communications whether by telephone, email, or in person
Zynga - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard