Senior Product Engineer
The Product Engineer is the Design Authority for the Products under her/his responsibility, and is responsible for coordinating all activities and budgets to meet operations key performance indicators: Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost. Technical interface with Customers, Program and senior management the Senior Product Engineer reports on the current situation and substantiated forecast as well as providing short term tactical solutions when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Organizer and Chair Person for the Production Readiness Review (PRR) - requires analysis of the Design phase results and early production indicators.
2. Organizer and Chair Person for the Failure Review Board (FRB) - The Principal Product Engineer is also in charge of maintaining the Product Dashboard including production yields, First fit rejection rate, in service MTBF (provided by In service support team), failure pare to and corrective action plans and indicator forecast. The dashboard also includes information regarding Obsolescence and related action plans.
3. Engineering authority (Product post PRR) at the Configuration Control Board (CCB) - responsible for the preparation of the Change implementation plan and its follow-up.
4. Engineering authority (Product post PRR) at the Material Review Board (MRB).
5. Organize and participate in report/review meetings with Customers, represents Thales Operations for the Products under her/his responsibility.
6. Propose, set up and manage action plans; providing direction and coordination with all actors, reports internally status to senior management. This activity also includes Coordination with suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Performance Engineers.
7. Provides inputs to Budget Forecast.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS Leadership qualities, dedicated to continuous improvement (quality, cost, on-time delivery), skilled in Electronic Engineering hands on experience, communications and coordination skills, 6 Sigma green belt or equivalent. Must have Project management experience, Configuration management and aeronautics industry experience. Must have an understanding and/or experience in Manufacturing process.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Irvine, California-based manufacturer of In-Flight Entertainment systems. The company has nearly 60 world airlines and as customers as well as Boeing and Airbus, the airframe manufacturers. Our products and service offerings is an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after each flight. For 2012, the future looks bright.
“Make it Brilliant” is our mantra, which reflects our passion to be the BEST. We are a bunch of hardworking people that care about customer partnerships and continually introduce new innovation that inspires. We always push the envelope!
Our parent company, Thales Group, is a global leader in aerospace. Our products and systems are everywhere on aircraft and in airports.
Visit our website at http://www.thales-ifs.com/ and http://www.thalesgroup.com/
Thales Avionics Inc. – IFS offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental , vision, 401K, PTO, Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business Travel Accident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and an Educational Assistance Program, just to name a few of the offerings.
Thales Avionics is a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We conduct pre-employment drug testing.
No unsolicited or mailed in resumes will be accepted.
Thales - 13 months ago