Posting Title Sr. Product Line Marketing Manager About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description As a Sr. Product Line Marketing Manager, vCloud Services ISV-Platform Strategy, you will be responsible for the ISV-Platform strategy for VMware vCloud Services. This includes defining the strategy, developing plans and requirements, collaborating with and enabling related VMware organizations, and being responsible for the overall execution of the strategy within this segments. You will collaborate extensively with other organizations to gather requirements and achieve objectives, including the VMware sales, product marketing/management, field/partner marketing, professional services, partners and other third parties.
The successful candidate will have a long history of successfully enabling and driving revenue through a partner/channel business model and be well versed in the requirements to be successful. This includes experience with creating partner relationships through technology integration programs, OEM relationships, or purely “marked-integrated” business models. The successful candidate is also expected to have a strong understanding of Cloud Computing (private, public, and hybrid clouds), and how VMware cloud products are uniquely differentiated from other offerings in the marketplace.
The role requires active participation in developing the positioning of VMware’s vCloud Services and go-to-market strategies, and the successful candidate will excel at working with senior executives across the company’s business units as well as partner organizations. The candidate will be responsible for developing content and presentations with and for senior executives.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to deliver on projects after being given high-level objectives and an appropriate amount of guidance. Strong presentation, writing, storytelling and analytical skills are a must.
The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Develop the strategy for enabling ISV and platform partners to meet revenue, customer, and related goals
- Collaborate with appropriate VMware teams in the development of enablement processes, programs, services, materials/resources, education, etc.
- Lead the cross-functional execution of the strategy, across all involved VMware organizations, partners and third parties
- Serve as a hands-on part of the enablement process, including training VMware and partner personnel, focusing on enabling teams to be self-sufficient
- Evolve the enablement strategy based on field and partner feedback
- Develop/drive business targets for each channel segment
- Serve as primary liaison from the ISV and Platform segments to the business unit, bringing back requirements and providing assistance to the field
- Assist with activities supporting the VMware field, including quarterly business reviews and corporate sales/technical training initiatives
- Assist senior executives with the development of presentations and videos and prepare them for key internal and external events
Requisition Number 38592BR
- 10+ years of experience in a Partner-/Channel-Facing Product Management, Product Marketing, or Business Development role within a multinational company
- Demonstrated track record of successful execution of partner/channel enablement, revenue attainment, and growth
- Solid understanding of cloud computing (private, public, and hybrid clouds) concepts, vendors, and market landscape
- Must be able to synthesize and simplify complex concepts and turn them into clear and concise messages
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work across business units and companies and with high-level executives
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with international markets and partners
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Excellent communication and presentation skills Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...