We are seeking an innovative and results-oriented Sr. Product Manager to join our high energy team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on highly visible projects and be part of history in the making!
Our vision for Amazon Kindle is to have every book, ever printed, in every language all available in less than 60 seconds. Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is an integral part of reaching this vision, and provides a free, fast, and easy way to publish and sell content on Kindle stores across a variety of devices such as Kindle, PC, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, and Android phones globally. CreateSpace (an Amazon company) enables authors and publishers to reach readers worldwide via print. Together, KDP and CreateSpace are at the center of the creative disruption that is happening in the publishing world by reinventing the relationship between writers and readers. If you are ready to change the world, work hard and help authors succeed, this position is right for you. We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be driving a key part of Amazon's innovation on behalf of content creators and authors.
The Senior Product Manager will define the products and programs for self-publishing, drive projects end-to-end, create and implement solutions with the development teams, and measure its success. Specifically, the Sr. Product Manager will:
· Use data and research to define market and product ideas which will delight and engage authors in using KDP and CreateSpace.
· Develop and write compelling narratives regarding feature ideas for presentation to senior management.
· Develop business requirement documents (BRD) and product specifications to work with engineering organizations to rapidly deliver high-impact features to market.
· Drive project decisions and daily progress to deliver projects on time and within budget.
· Perform financial/data analysis to support business decisions and product direction.
· Measure impact and fine tune strategies and product/feature roadmap to delight authors.
· Work with designers to optimize product features for enhanced user experience.
· Own and manage a significant part of the independent publishing customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and features from the ground up. In this role, the candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytical thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will have experience delivering customer-facing, web-based products that reach hundreds of thousands of users, worldwide. They will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions. Additional characteristics are:
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create a compelling business case and present complex information clearly and concisely.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive delivery of product and features.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision.
· Project management skills to engage with multiple teams and deliver results.
· Collaborative working style. Must work well in a team environment.
· Must have bias for action and strong work ethic.
· Proven ability to deliver first class customer experiences with a deep understanding of UX best practices.
· 5+ years in product management experience in a large scale, multinational organization
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance or a related field
· Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
· Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
· MBA or advanced degree in related field
· Experience in technology/consumer products
· Experience working in a startup
· Experience in publishing, self-publishing or book related field
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...