Sr. Product Manager, Branded Experiences
Overview of Biz Unit:
Yahoo! Monetization is the team responsible for creating the platform to deliver advertiser sponsored experiences on Yahoo! Media properties globally. Sponsored experiences represent a material proportion of Yahoo! display revenue.
We’re looking for an energized, smart, passionate and technically savvy Product Manager to manage the conception, design and development of innovative and scalable sponsored experiences that will excite advertisers.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the latest online monetization and display marketing strategies, and a passion for the Consumer Internet, Media, social and new technologies. The PM will drive innovation for products to be used in multiple projects globally, shaping the overall strategy as well as overseeing development.
The ideal candidate will lead product development with Design and Engineering interfacing with other Media product teams and data and ad platform teams. In addition, he/shell will drive adoption of sponsorship products with cross-functional interactions with Sales, regions, editorial and
Manage end-to-end product lifecycle including ideation, execution, launch and metrics reporting.
- Understand key display monetization trends, advertiser demand around online sponsorships and existing yahoo solutions and how they perform.
- Combine advertiser insights with market and competitive knowledge to articulate a holistic product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Drive advertiser market research and live testing to ensure that you and those around you have a rich understanding of user needs and desires.
- Translate advertiser needs into actionable and innovative product requirements that can be consumed by designers and developers in an agile/SCRUM planning process.
- As the product owner, you work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver what you have defined, drive it to market, and track key metrics that define success.
- Adapt your products for multiple screens (desktop, tablet, mobile) while implicit and explicit personalization and social signals.
- Do all of the above on a global basis, as we are in 40+ markets worldwide.
- Ideal candidate has a Technical degree required, with an MBA preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of product management experience focused on consumer Internet products/services. Experience with display advertising services and functionality is a plus.
- Proven success in understanding and translating user/advertiser needs into features and benefits, must provide examples. Knowledge of Yahoo!’s competitive landscape, both current and future
- Knowledge of product definition, feature prioritization and trade-off processes in Agile development context. Skilled at project management, task list definition and follow-up.
- Proactive and independent, driving alignment across multiple product teams.
- Mobile product development experience, preferably iOS and/or Android is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills – written and oral – with experience crafting presentations and data analyses and delivering to executive audiences.
Yahoo! Inc. - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...