Posting Title Sr. Product Manager, Platform Security About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need. Job Description Product managers are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. They must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product managers work extensively with customers and cross functionally internally with product marketing, engineering, sales, corporate marketing and alliances to ensure whole product success.
As Senior Product manager for Platform Security, you will be responsible for understanding a wide variety of customer’s needs as they relate to the security of VMware’s Cloud Infrastructure. You will understand the requirements of the management platform for secure communication amongst its different components and ensure a simultaneously easy to use and secure system. You will be responsible for finding, generating, and surfacing innovation around security capabilities of a virtualized platform, and collaborating with other product management teams to drive solutions for security in the VMware platform. You will define product capabilities, drive product requirements, work across engineering, product marketing, and sales teams to deliver successful product to market.
The Platform Security Product Manager will be responsible for managing the security-related requirements throughout VMware’s Cloud Infrastructure Platform.
- Define and drive use cases, user personas, product features/requirements, roadmaps and release plans for product features.
- Identify a variety of customer needs across the application environment, drive feature prioritization and work closely with engineering to deliver successful products.
- Lead the product feature planning process; ensure that the product set meets the requirements of all applications which will run in, on, or be managed by the Cloud Infrastructure products.
- Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in MRDs & PRDs.
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management, and Sales.
- Understand the market and competition for the product set and develop product and competitive positioning.
- Define, track, and interpret key business metrics and drive activities which support continued deployment of applications on the VMware Cloud Infrastructure platform
- Support planning, execution and go-to-market
Requisition Number 39100BR
- 3-5 years in a technical role or product management/marketing role, in a security related field.
- Direct experience working in an IT department a plus.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by clarity and brevity
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what’s most important
- Dynamic and engaging speaker comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware - 17 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...