Sr. Product Manager
Datacard Group is building on a 40-year heritage of innovation and customer success.
Our portfolio of solutions, backed by expert service and support, enable card and secure ID programs for financial, government and other markets worldwide. With an unmatched commitment to customer satisfaction, Datacard® remains the industry’s leading brand of secure ID and card personalization solutions.
The Senior Product Manager brings a disciplined, business oriented approach to product planning and management of the assigned products to achieve business performance objectives. Through Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, participation in channel partner product councils, meeting with internal sales and marketing organizations and competitive analysis, the Sr. Product Manager gains a deep understanding of customer applications, problems and needs in the target market segments. Armed with this knowledge the Product Manager develops and executes a compelling product vision and “optimized” product portfolio that delivers a superior customer value proposition and meets product financial objectives. This is primarily accomplished through development and execution of product plans and specific marketing requirements that deliver products and services with unique value to Datacard’s customers.
Product Planning (50%)
- Defining and articulating the vision, strategies and life-cycle plans for the assigned product families
- Developing and successfully executing on an product portfolio that effectively serves a diverse set of global market needs and internal and external stakeholders
- Creating business plans that define and justify the product investment, revenue and ROI opportunity of new and existing programs
- Defining and documenting market and product requirements through MRDs and PRDs
- Preparing and presenting recommendations to management on market opportunities, product performance and investment requirements to facilitate business planning and decision making
Market Intelligence (30%)
- Establishing robust VOC and product planning and management methodologies that deliver innovative solutions to the market
- Analyzing markets, identifying and segmenting key customer groups, competitive research, analyzing industry and technology trends, and incorporating these into product plans that optimize the tradeoffs between market opportunities, product content, and product timing
- Analyzing “make versus buy” alternatives and researching and developing OEM product relationships as an alternative to internal development
Marketing Management (20%)
- Working closely with product marketing to develop and implement new product launch programs
- Partnering with other marketing functions in the creation of sales tools, product datasheets and other marketing collateral, product positioning and messaging, and impactful promotional plans for both Datacard channel partners and end users
- Providing field marketing support for customer visits, user group meetings, distributor meetings, product councils and trade shows/events
- Performing technical assessments of complimentary and competitive product solutions
- Working closely with the Marketing, Sales, and the Development organizations, as well as with customers, to identify creative ideas and define key areas for potential product improvement and new products
- Product pricing, price adjustments and issuance of price books; competitive pricing analysis
- Sales training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Computer Science
- 8+ years experience, 6+ within product management or product marketing in a global B2B environment
- Experience marketing into a least one of the following market segments: government, education, corporate, retail, healthcare, telecommunications, transportation or financial
- Demonstrated results establishing a product vision and roadmaps that lead to successful product growth and profitability
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, marketing professionals, salespeople, and product planning groups within customer and channel partner organizations
- Demonstrated results in a successful, high growth, and profit oriented organization
- MBA degree
- Experience with indirect channel models and working with a distribution network and complementary partners
- 2+ years direct
- Strong understanding of new product development processes
25%, some international
Datacard Group is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION
DataCard has a full deck of financial and identification products. The company, which does business as DataCard Group, offers card printers,...