Livescribe is in the midst of creating a set of platforms to connect our award winning line of smartpens with 3rd party applications and web services. To advance these efforts, we are seeking a talented individual to help define and drive our internal development, as well as interface with external developers to promote the use of smartpens with new exciting third party applications.
We are seeking an individual who is goal-oriented, mobile technology savvy, and has a passion for delivering great API’s and services for developers. This individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of 3rd party API’s and support tools for Livescribe’s cloud services and mobile application platforms. Key to these efforts will be cross functional collaboration across development and product teams. Active participation in the conceptualization, development, launch, and sustaining phases of the product/platform lifecycle will be required.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, be highly organized, be able to manage external and internal communications, and have experience in one or more of the following areas:
S/he needs to have the passion and ability to keep up to date on new and competitive technologies and must have a demonstrated track record of researching/defining requirements and driving execution of project plans across diverse organizations.
- Consumer electronics
- Developer relations/support
- Design and maintenance of cloud service APIs
- Design and maintenance of device SDKs
This position will report to Livescribe’s Director of Product Management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Ongoing development of the cloud and mobile apps product vision and strategy with a focus on addressing core customer needs as well as company needs.
- Development and execution of tactical plans, with the ability to translate broad strategic objectives into specific execution plans.
- Effectively collaborate with business, marketing, technical and design teams to develop requirements, prioritize enhancements, translate into PRDs and drive projects to completion.
- Develop a functional understanding of the key technological and architectural components of the Livescribe platform.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and incorporate new capabilities on an ongoing basis.
- Actively engage internal and external parties to evangelize and promote the Livescribe platform.
Compensation packages include competitive salaries and stock incentives. We are headquartered in Oakland, CA with easy access from 880 and a free shuttle from BART to our front door.
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Direct experience with iOS and Android mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience in working with complex technologies and defining requirements for internal and external services
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, team members, and customers
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies, products and tools
- Self-driven with a good sense of humor
- BA/BS degree in a technical field and/or related technical experience; MBA preferred
Livescribe - 2 years ago