Aspen Technology, the market leader in providing optimization software solutions to the process industries, is seeking an outstanding product marketing manager to join the global product marketing team for our flagship Aspen HYSYS product family. This position has primary “go-to-market” responsibility for packaging, positioning, messaging and the commercial success of Aspen HYSYS downstream and related products. The Product Marketing Manager is expected to work closely with cross functional teams in Product Management, Marketing and Sales, to achieve business success as measured by growth in usage and revenue.
The ideal candidate will have some prior knowledge of the chemical process simulation market, have experience in marketing to technical markets, preferably with specific experience in the process industry, and will have knowledge of HYSYS or competing products.
Success in the position will require creativity, passion for the product and markets, and for marketing execution, hard work, and an ability to work across the company with a variety of organizations worldwide. The candidate will be an excellent writer and public speaker and will be able to convey product business benefits at a high level but also will be expected to learn to demonstrate the product with reasonable proficiency. The successful candidate will be comfortable with the most current trends in computing, web and mobile technologies and social media.
The individual must be a motivated self-starter, a quick learner, willing to self-educate and absorb both industry and product knowledge rapidly, and inform the organization about market and product trends.
- Drive go-to-market efforts for the overall HYSYS product family, including direct ownership of the downstream products (HYSYS Petroleum Refining, HYSYS crude, integrated fired heater, etc.)
- Become the principal HYSYS downstream product family evangelist conveying its customer value globally with clarity and passion to internal organizations, customers, analysts, press, etc.
- Principal responsibility for content development for marketing materials, marketing programs, and social media for programs and materials executed by corporate marketing and field marketing.
- Develop high quality sales enablement materials and customer-facing collateral.
- Develop and disseminate high impact customer case studies.
- Write externally-publishable white papers.
- Lead the launch efforts for product releases.
- Assess effectiveness of all activities and programs against the market growth metrics.
- 7-10 years’ experience in software product marketing with some additional combination of process vertical industry
experience and related functional experience (e.g., product management) desirable.
- Excellent ability to convert complex technical concepts into crisp and compelling marketing messages and content.
- Clear thinker whose primary focus is on business and related concepts.
- Charismatic and diplomatic personality that can lead various groups to the common goal.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Motivated, self-starting initiator with a penchant for execution.
- High work capacity.
- Demonstrated ability and success in taking software products to market.
- Team player.
- Exposure to Exploration and Product, Refining, and Engineering industries are desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related technical or work experience in lieu of.