We’re looking for a creative thinker and high-energy senior product marketer to join our team. The right candidate is someone that can be strategic in analysis, but highly tactical in execution approach. Someone who just “manages the process” or does “bizdev” will not be able to meet expectations in this role. This is a critical role for the company and within the product marketing organization as it will focus on our data security and threat products. The ideal candidate must be:
- highly creative in developing messaging and product go-to-market strategy,
- skilled at critical thinking, assumption testing, and executing strategies and messaging, and
- seasoned at communicating effectively with sales, customers and partners.
1. Understand the market and generate go-to-market insights for our security products
2. Develop and deliver highly effective materials and collateral
- Understand and interpret technology trends, competitive strategies, and customer trends to influence product’s global go-to-market
- Develop competitive messaging in collaboration with technical marketing team, and contribute market inputs to Product Management that shapes the product vision and roadmap
- Develop go-to-market plans including strategy, customer segmentation and targeting, market requirements, metrics, product positioning and launch plans for new products and features
3. Lead execution of marketing strategies
- Author strategic collateral such as whitepapers, insightful blog posts, webinars, product videos, sales and partner presentations
- Collaborate with Corporate Marketing and Marketing Programs to deliver marketing campaigns and messaging tied to product and company strategies
- Deliver engaging sales presentations, product demos, conference speaking engagements, webinars, and training as the subject matter expert
If demonstrating product marketing excellence within an organization is one of your goals, this role is for you! An independent self-starter that can execute on initiatives with precision, but without constant supervision will excel at Proofpoint (if you're waiting for your manager to tell you what to do, you're not going to do well). We reward creativity and execution, and yet we also value a good sense of humor and believe in maintaining a work-life balance. Come join us as we build the next great SaaS company – Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT).
- Oversee execution of product marketing plan for existing and new products
- Work with sales and sales management as necessary to track success of marketing and targeting strategies
- Work closely with cross-functional team to deliver on the 4 Ps of product marketing
- MBA required; technical undergraduate degree or experience preferred.
- Min. 5 years of experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, Technical Marketing, Sales Engineering, or Sales Enablement roles; ideally in a Security or Enterprise Software company.
- Strong, proven writing abilities is very important; whitepapers, presentations, email, outbound communication
- Strong, proven speaking and presentation abilities is very important; to customers, partners, sales teams at all levels
- Ironclad organizational skills; self-motivated.
Proofpoint - 19 months ago