As a key member of the Order Operations Distribution Processing Team, this person will be responsible for preparing all physical shipments (media, USB dongles and CDs) to AspenTech customers, as well as providing support and administration for AspenTech corporate (internal) shipping.
This individual will update order processing systems (Oracle and Scopus) and will utilize FedEx and UPS online systems to prepare shipments. In addition, this individual is responsible for tracking and requesting the Distribution department’s inventory of supplies including AspenTech media. This individual will organize and archive the storage of files of Distribution audit packets for Oracle and Scopus orders, and prepare information for external auditor review. Lastly, the individual will be responsible for documenting and maintaining shipping policies and procedures for Distribution and corporate shipping.
- Prepares packaging of customer shipments from Distribution via UPS and FedEx (occasionally DHL) for daily pick up
- Supports worldwide corporate shipping by preparing shipping reports for management, obtaining quotes, preparing waybills, administering FedEx/UPS login credentials for staff and promptly responding to questions from internal staff.
- Delivers packages to FedEx-Wilmington, Massachusetts facility as needed outside of normal business hours
- Ship confirms all orders in Oracle after transfer to courier(s) in order for invoicing to proceed.
- Prepares and uploads the shipping checklist for all Oracle orders and evidence of pickup by the courier
- Responds to quarterly audit requests.
- Tracks and orders supplies for the Distribution team (including FedEx/UPS packaging, CD’s, DVD’s, jewel cases, CD/DVD printer toner and AspenTech media)
- Follows up daily on shipped orders that encounter delivery exceptions
- Processes RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) returns and updates the returned computer dongles into Oracle and Scopus databases
- Generates and emails reports reflecting Oracle-based shipments sent out each day
- Creates and updates training documentation for Distribution and Corporate Shipping functions.
- Works in a timely manner in a team environment to prepare shipments for customers, and has flexibility for overtime required at end of each quarter
- Communicates with various cross-functional groups to resolve outstanding issues with respect to shipments
Aspen Technology is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Minimum 2 years experience in FedEx/UPS shipping and data entry of order shipping information
- College Degree desirable (Associates)
- Strong computer skills required for the use of various database systems for entry of information for courier waybill generation, data entry, and report generation
- Strong knowledge and experience in using MS Office tools such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in using order entry systems for the processing of orders for customers
- Experienced in working in a team environment and directly with internal/external customers and couriers
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Diligent in following up on shipped orders each day which require resolution
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, particularly in the last week of each quarter
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work well with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- No travel required
- Some overtime will be required, especially at end of quarter
Aspen Technology - 12 months ago