VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing
HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch,
listen … and live! We are currently seeking Senior Program Manager Software
and Services in our Product Department.
This position oversees Program Management for Software and connected services
development across multiple platforms and product categories such as TV, Stream
Player, and Mobile. It involves working with ODMs, platform providers, software
developers and quality assurance testers to produce and deliver quality software
platforms for embedded consumer electronics applications. It also involves
managing the development of IP based content services. This position requires
someone who can provide both technical and personal leadership. This candidate
should be technically proficient with CE embedded platforms and have a working
knowledge of Linux and Android embedded architectures. Applicant should be
expert in project management software and tools like MS Project. The teams
delivering the software are globally based, so we expect candidates to have
excellent communication skills and experience working with globally distributed
development teams. As a member of the product team, this position must have the
skill set to do overall schedule assessments in order to manage vendors and to
communicate extremely effectively both internally and externally. As a critical
technology area, this role provides excellent career growth opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Manage all ongoing software programs across multiple vendors
• Plan, design, schedule and coordinate software platform development
• Generate detailed program development plans with cross-functional
teams’ consensus that meet corporate business goals.
• Understand user conceptual requirements and needs.
• Translate user requirements into software specifications, resource
estimates, and schedules
• Review Vendor open issues and product sign off.
• Participate in nightly Vendor product meetings
• Participate in roadmap reviews
• Work with quality on product issues and resolve in a timely manner
• Present program plans to senior management
• Regularly generate and present program status to management staff.
• Interact with Product Marketing and Product Management to define
program plans and meet NPI schedules and goals.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams throughout the planning and
• Make sure that lessons-learned from predecessor programs are
incorporated into new programs.
• Identify risk areas and develop mitigation plans as required to meet
quality, schedule and cost targets.
• Set high standards for personal and team interaction. Facilitate the
resolution of complex team issues, build consensus, maintain process focus,
overcome barriers, encourage and inspire other team members and foster
relationships with other team leaders.
• Administrate, schedule and manage content service providers
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Passion and experience delivering high quality products. This PM will
be instrumental in ensuring product success, so previous experience in shipping
great software is highly regarded.
• Detailed understanding of embedded software development for consumer
• Proven track record of managing programs in high tech industry.
• Experience with high volume manufacturing
• Proven ability to specify and deliver quality products
• Strong experience in writing functional specifications.
• Project management, driving and communication skills, effectively
managing projects and working with global cross-functional teams
• Ability to lead and work collaboratively.
• Must be very good with logistics, planning and resourceful
• Self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity.
• Working with multiple program tasks, setting the right priorities and
understanding program needs.
• Advanced knowledge and usage of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel
• PMP or CSDP certificate is highly desirable
• Must be able to travel worldwide to vendors during planning and
critical development stages
Minimum Education required:
• Bachelor’s degree required - Engineering degree preferred
Minimum Experience required:
• 2 -5 years experience in software program management
• 7 – 15 years experience in overall program management
• 3 – 5 years experience in consumer electronics/products
Director Program Management - Software and Services
VIZIO - 16 months ago
VIZIO has done for HDTVs what Dell did for PCs and Southwest Airlines did for air travel: sell them for less. The company sells low-cost...