Senior Program Manager - RF/Microwave Product Development
San Diego, CA
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
We are a global leader in the electronic warfare, radar, missile, communication and space marketplace, moving information between sensors and decision makers. Worldwide we employ more than 12,000 people. We believe that being a world leader starts from within. We celebrate innovation and teamwork, and we foster a culture of respect and diversity. Our open door policy encourages valued input from our employees and our organizational growth stems from their contributions and development.
Interface with customers, providing a single point of contact throughout the life of the contract, including monitoring the development and delivery of the product; manage the program by coordinating departmental or cross-functional teams while focusing on the delivery; monitor project from start to completion by planning and directing schedules; participate in design review meeting, cost and profitability and scheduling of product; collaborate with staff across functional areas such as engineering, development and production departments; provide management and customer status regarding financial and tactical progress on contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility as a Program Manager in a Defense related fast-pace electronics manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) Technical Degree or Business related majors.
- Master of Business Administration
- Experience with R&D technology development programs (Custom RF, microwave and millimeter wave products for defense and aerospace applications)
- Solid leadership skills with experience in managing RF/Microwave product development programs.
- Previous experience managing projects from concept through production transfer including, generation of project schedule, material control/scheduling, cost accounting/budgeting and earned value analysis.
Ability to obtain active Government security clearance
Must be a U.S Citizen.
Cobham - 13 months ago
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...