Sr. Programmer Analyst will analyze & evaluate technical options to meet business objectives provide recommendations. Every day job responsibilities will be to:
- Evaluate requests for new programs or existing program enhancements to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems and provide recommendations.
- Define development standards and methodologies for best practices; lead others in the compliance of these practices.
- Identify, recommend and implement new technologies and/or upgrades as they become available.
- Design, develop, test, implement and support new and existing applications using the selected primary programming language and utilities.
- Create supporting user and technical documentation to describe program specifications, installation, operations, development logic, coding and corrections.
- Design program controls and system manual controls, including business logic, business rules and all other functions relating to the data and business logic tiers.
- Provide necessary support to ensure applications are operational at all times, implement monitoring as needed.
- Prepare test specifications and evaluate test models, use the test network to test program functions and evaluate test results. Debug complex programs.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an IT related field. 6 plus years experience. Knowledge of C#, Visual Studio and
iSeries RPG, COBOL and CLP. Strong knowledge SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and in T-SQL programming and database design. Experience with enterprise ETL solutions a plus!
- 22 months ago - save job