Design, develop and maintain iSeries business software applications. Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle: project requirements definition and analysis; program design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance. An emphasis is placed upon analyzing business requirements and designing, and developing proposals for software systems to meet requirements. Generate project documentation such as user needs analysis, feasibility study, system requirements and design specifications, project plan, testing results and system implementation plans. Transfer knowledge to other team members to promote professional growth within the department. This position requires excellent organizational and analytical skills. In addition, excellent verbal and written communications skills in English are essential.
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Perform detailed investigative work for potential projects. Analyze business requirements. Produce design specifications and related documentation for software systems.
- Prepare, review and present feasibility studies for various systems to senior management.
- Maintain current knowledge of iSeries software and hardware products as they relate to the business of Readerlink Distribution Services, LLC.
- Recommend changes in iSeries software systems to improve the quality of service provided by Information Technology and further the business interests of Readerlink Distribution Services, LLC.
- Work with the technical experts within vendor organizations to resolve problems as well as propose new, or changes to existing software systems.
- Design, develop and maintain iSeries software applications to meet company business needs.
- Responsible for all phases of the iSeries software development life cycle:
- project requirements definition and analysis
- program design and documentation
- testing (unit, integration and user acceptance)
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews with, and prepare status report.
- Create end-user documentation and provide end-user training.
- Provide production application support including: application monitoring, problem troubleshooting and resolution, capacity planning and performance analysis and tuning to ensure maximum availability and reliability.
- Evaluate, recommend, install and integrate third party products with in-house developed applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
7+ years application development experience using SQL, RPG, RPGILE, CLP, DDS .
7+ years experience in business system development in multi-platform environments required.
Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Project) required.
Physical Requirements :
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
Language Skills :
- Must be able to sit for 5 hours per day
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/are movements for simple reaching and or typing
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, and handle or feel objects
Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, analytical skills and the ability to explain complicated information to others that may not be knowledgeable about the subject matter are necessary.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an office environment
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels. Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment. This position requires possible evening and weekend work as required.