Description and Qualifications
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a strong reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. The Transamerica companies are wholly-owned subsidiaries of AEGON N.V., an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia serving over 40 million customers across the globe.For more information, visit
Transamerica's Life & Protection (L&P) division provides operations, information technology, legal, marketing, and finance support to internal agents and independent producers who market the companies' life insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, marketing services, and investment products. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company (Realty Advisors, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws. Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please inform the Human Resources department if you need assistance completing any forms, or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Develops specifications for new and existing systems. Will work directly with clients to determine needs and requirements. Will provide training to co-workers and prepare presentations. Provides direction on projects and may supervise the tasks of other project members.
- Develops specifications and technical design for complex projects.
- Models business processes and data.
- Assists in creation and execution of test plans for integration and system tests.
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents programs and sub-systems.
- Designs systems, sub-systems or program. Coordinates with co-workers, clients, operations, technical support, and vendors.
- Interfaces with clients to determine requirements, resolve problems, and perform testing.
- Analyzes system and program requirements for complex projects. Identifies multiple solutions to complex problems.
- Designs and develops specifications for complex or cross-functional systems and data structures.
- Analyzes and recommends tools.
- Plans and completes complex IT projects.
- Champions standards, SOX, and best practices.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of software development and research tools.
- Is a resource to others in solving problems and works independently. Prepares presentations and leads meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Masters degree in Information Systems; Computer Science or related technical field with 3 years experience is also acceptable.
- Mainframe and/or PC competence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Ability to resolve most of complex problems and errors that occur for processes and applications in a division.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Minimal travel (less than 10%).
- May be required to work outside normal business hours due to special projects or on-call situations.
- Conform with and abide by the company code of conduct, all regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and all safety rules.
Thank you for submitting your resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted during the screening and interview process. All candidates not selected will receive notification from the system once the position has been filled.
US-TX-Bedford, US-PA-Exton, US-MD-Baltimore, US-IA-Cedar Rapids, US-FL-St. Petersburg, US-CA-Los Angeles
Transamerica.com - 7 months ago