Job Description:POSITION SUMMARY:|
The Senior Project Accountant is responsible for
preparing and reviewing monthly financial statements and
communicating results to Senior Management. The Senior
Development Accountant will maintain complete and
accurate development cost ledgers for the Ward Village
development and pre development projects in accordance
with GAAP and internal accounting policies and
procedures. This position ensures that development
activities are accurate and that project cost reports
are prepared on a monthly basis and that project costs
do not exceed authorized development budgets,
development contracts and commitments. Additionally, the
position will oversee the contract administration
process (involves input of development commitments,
contracts and change orders into JDEdwards or e-Builder
along with the verification of invoice coding and
approvals) as it relates to this project. The Senior
Development Accountant will work closely with the Vice
President of Development and the Development Analyst in
establishing annual and project budgets as well as
update of any cash forecast.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: ·
Company’s Capitalization policy.·
- Ensure capitalized costs are in compliance with
and Analysis and Forecasting in monitoring and
- Work with Senior Management and Financial Reporting
communicating project budgets and actual costs.
commitments are not exceeded.
- Ensure development budgets, contract payments and
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and periodic
ledger and monthly Job Cost Report.
- Prepare and review monthly job costs reports.
- Reconciliation of job costs ledgers to general
processes and reporting where appropriate.
- Utilize existing accounting systems to automate
help assess the appropriate accounting.
- Review contracts and joint venture arrangements and
- Assist site personnel on development accounting
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of accounting experience
- Real estate industry and Real Estate Development
requirements for a publicly traded company.
- Good understanding of Accounting processes and
and related products
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
- Extensive knowledge of JDEdwards or related
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit
Able to work with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
at all levels within the organization.
- Build positive working relationships with employees
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions
preferred but not required.
- Big 4 desired but not required
- Knowledge of JDEdwards general ledger application.
- Real Estate Development accounting experience is
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA in good standing required
- MBA desirable.