• Position will report to the Program Control Office and will be matrixed to one of our Business Units as the Sr. Project Accountant with responsibility for all financial data for the Business Unit. Will interface with Executive Management to report the financial status of all programs. Will work closely with the Business Unit Manager and Project Managers to develop Task Order baselines, Estimates-to-Complete, Estimates-at-Completion, monthly status reports, trend analysis, project projections, and required corrective action plans.
• Will act as the primary interface with customers for financial information. Candidate will be responsible for creating timely and accurate monthly invoices and support financial reports. Sr. Project Accountant also responsible for tracking funding and period of performance data. Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, contract requirements, contracting vehicles, and cost allowability
• Review and approval of subcontractor invoices.
• The ideal candidate will support program management with SOW review, subcontract preparation and strategic planning. When needed act as the ‘voice’ of the corporate office when interacting with employees and customers.
• The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving / process improvement skills.
• The ideal candidate will mentor junior employees – guiding, training, assist with career development
• Will work closely with the Accounting, Finance, and Contracts organizations to assess financial impacts on programs. Will manage the cash requirements for the program. A cross functional approach to accounting and experience in job costing, billing, expenses and revenue recognition are important.
• Maybe be required to develop and analyze Earned Value Metrics.
• Experience analyzing large government and/or commercial contracts is required
• Experience with principles of Program Finance, Financial Reporting, Contract Administration, and Proposal Preparation
• Self-motivated and able to work cross functionally with little supervision
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
• Well organized and detail orientated
• Knowledge advanced Excel features – “extreme” modeling capabilities
• Prior use of Costpoint, Impromptu, Cognos and/or other business system software is also desirable.
• A Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent
• 8 + years of related experience is required.