Senior Project Coordination Analyst
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Senior Project Coordination Analyst plans, organizes, coordinates, and tracks activities to develop, deploy, and upgrade software and hardware. He/She troubleshoots project issues to maintain schedules utilizing established processes and procedures and makes recommendations for preventing recurrences.
This position coordinates deployments and implementations and facilitates activities to ensure programs and projects are implemented successfully and meet established deadlines.
Provides System Support
Resolves and Documents Project Specific Issues
- Coordinates the installation and removal of hardware and software to comply with user requests.
- Initiates actions to ensure targets comply with established safety and quality procedures.
- Coordinates hardware and software tests and corrects malfunctions to ensure effective operations.
- Documents details of hardware and software installations and removals to comply with established procedures.
Coordinates Product Deployment
- Ensures issues and requests are handled effectively to conform to procedures.
- Reviews issues' documentation to verify utilization of appropriate forms.
- Provides users with support to resolve issues and to minimize downtime.
- Analyzes problems to initiate actions for effectively resolving project issues.
Primary Skill: Structured Systems Analysis
- Collaborates with subordinates to clarify product planning and design and to coordinate deployments.
- Evaluates products to determine risk factors.
- Acts as a field and I.S. partner liaison to communicate progress on release scheduling.
- Conducts post-release reviews to verify accuracy.
Websphere – Intermediate
The desired Senior Project Coordination Analyst will possess Bachelors’ and Masters’ degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- IBM WTX experience – 2-3 years.
- Linux experience – 2 – 3 years.
- Microsoft Project
- 2 – 3 years of experience facilitating meetings with over 5 attendees
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...