Phillips and Temro is seeking a to drive the design and development of new products and modifications/improvements to existing products. The Senior Project Engineer provides leadership to and coordinates the activities of cross-functional teams in defining and launching new products. This individual will at all times conduct business in accordance with company practices & policies in order to promote Phillips & Temro Industries’ public image.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the detailed design of new products and components and modification and improvements to existing products from concept to full production .
- Provides primary leadership of cross-functional teams through all phases of product specification, design, development and release for the most complex product projects.
- Concurrently leads multiple projects of medium to high complexity and needs and skills dictate.
- Communicates project status & risk assessments across company.
- Supports sales engineers in maintaining and advancing relationships with customers. Travels to customer, as needed, for design support.
- Works closely with all other departments within the company to ensure that product design meets their expectations. (i.e. reliability, manufacturability, aesthetics, customer requirements, regulatory requirements , etc.)
- Conducts or directs lab tests and makes professional judgments with respect to lab testing.
- Leads prototyping process including definition, sourcing, & execution.
- Keeps informed as to developments in competitive product offerings, and in material/manufacturing advancements as they apply to the company.
- Keeps informed as to customer markets as they affect PTI’s product portfolio.
- Provides technical assistance, with respect to product application, to internal and external marketing representatives and customers.
- Leads project documentation in compliance with PTI ’s quality system implementation.
- Provides work direction to other departmental staff.
- Trains and mentors engineers and technicians in the department.
Education: BS ME or related Engineering Degree.
Experience: 8 years experience in product design and development
Demonstrated success in project management
Ability to Travel: International and Domestic up to 20%
Education: MSME or Masters in related Engineering discipline
Experience: Experience with automotive component design, engines, climate control systems, heat transfer, harness design, or electronic control systems.
Experience with regulatory bodies: CE, UL, CSA
The history of Phillips & Temro dates back to 1920, when James B. Carter opened his manufacturing business in Winnipeg, Canada. Over the...