• Graduate of an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree, master's preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of full time work experience as a healthcare improvement professional, using tools and methods for quality improvement, performance measurement, and change management, and an established record of successful management of cross-functional projects.
• Experience coordinating/executing complex projects
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal).
• Strong knowledge of project planning and management tools.
• Strong knowledge of quality improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA).
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels.
• Strong knowledge of software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and other applications for collecting/reporting data.
• Attention to detail and ability to own/manage tasks to completion.
• Ability to independently conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Ability to provide effective direction to others in execution of project work.
• Significant experience coordinating/executing complex projects.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Responsive to requests/input.
• Ability to develop/learn new skills.
• Ability to convey complex or technical information in a manner that others can easily understand.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, and implement problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
• Strong ethical conduct and ability to work with confidential and highly sensitive information.
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to work with clinical leaders in the use of data for improvement.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
Provides project management and leadership support for medium to large quality improvement and operational improvement projects across the Department of Pediatrics in collaboration with project team leaders, administrative leaders and clinical leaders. Works collaboratively with leaders from the Office of Patient Safety and Quality, Analytics and Reporting and other departments across the organization to facilitate project completion.
1. Project Management:
• Develop, manage and execute work plans using appropriate project management tools and concepts.
• Collaborate with leaders to set priorities for tasks based on importance and urgency.
• Provide direction and guidance to team members on creation of project deliverables.
• Coordinate meetings and events (scheduling, facility logistics).
• Develop ongoing project reports and updates, create/ maintain electronic and hard copy project files.
• Delegate tasks effectively to team members, as appropriate.
2. Project Execution:
• Create work products and project deliverables, both independently and under direction of team leaders.
• Meet expectations for deliverables, including quality and timeliness.
• Oversee the creation of work products by others to ensure quality.
• Develop tools and processes to support transition of final projects into operations.
3. Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting:
• Coordinate and perform primary and secondary data collection (e.g., literature reviews, databases, surveys).
• Conduct complex qualitative and quantitative analysis of project data.
• Summarize findings, draw appropriate conclusions, and effectively communicate results to team.
• Manage communication to and relationships with key project stakeholders.
• Compose, edit, and deliver written and verbal communications.
• Facilitate small group discussions.
• Keep team members appropriately informed.
• Coach project team members, as appropriate, and provide education on project management and improvement tools and methodologies.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...