The Senior Project Manager provides leadership, coordination and staff support to ensure effective communication and the development and implementation of special projects, programs and new initiatives. Responsible for the implementation of major programs with organizational-wide impact and involves extensive coordination and representational responsibilities with higher level internal and external contacts, including governmental or regulatory agencies. This position plays a key leadership role, interacting with all levels of CalOptima staff, including the Board of Directors and executive staff, members, providers, health network management, legal counsel, State and Federal representatives, and representatives of other agencies. Project assignments may be with one department or may involve working at large in the organization.
- Provide leadership, coordination and support to ensure effective communication, development and implementation of special projects, programs and new initiatives in a cross-functional capacity.
- Assist CalOptima Departments in the fiscal year strategic planning process; evaluate and provide support in carrying out Departments’ fiscal year strategic plan.
- Research specific policy issues, analyze options, and develop recommendations through white papers.
- Keep current on the local, state, and federal healthcare environment to identify public policy and market trends that may impact CalOptima’s programs and/or mission.
- Research specific issues, develop and analyze options and make recommendations.
- Build, maintain, and enhance relationships with community-based organizations and other key stakeholders.
- Write policies and procedures, and ensure knowledge of same, related to assigned projects and programs.
- Draft business plans for all lines of business on an “as needed” basis.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Work independently and as an effective member of a team.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff, other programs, agencies, members, providers and the general public.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals from varying cultural backgrounds.
- Prepare concise and clear reports.
- Identify pertinent policy issues; develop strategies, solutions and recommendations.
- Multi-task in projects and their respective activities, timelines and issues.
- Motivate and lead various participants at all levels in the organization.
- Analyze health care data to assess the policy implications for CalOptima’s programs.
- Effectively utilize computer and appropriate software and interact as needed with CalOptima Information Systems.
Experience & Education
- HMO, Medi-Cal/ Medicaid and insurance experience and/or related government or public service experience preferred.
- 2 or more years in a supervisory or management role preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Prior project management experience for mid-to-large scale initiatives required.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with both short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Strong written, analytical and oral presentation skills.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with both short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Experience successfully managing and completing projects are required.
- Culture and needs of the socially and ethnically diverse population CalOptima serves.
- Community-based organizations, agencies and community services.
- Principles and practices of health care, health care systems, and managed care.
- Principles and techniques of effective administration and supervision, including training and evaluation.
- Medi-Cal benefits and regulations.
- Techniques of program and policy development, administration and coordination.
- Health Plan, Hospital and Medical Group operations and strategies.
CalOptima - 12 months ago