LOCHNER , a leader in transportation engineering, is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for the Chicago, IL office.
For almost 70 years, Lochner has been associated with transportation engineering innovation and integrity. Founded in 1944 by Harry W. Lochner, then a respected City of Chicago transportation planner, the firm has since grown to nearly 400 employees in 26 offices nationwide. This open, family environment helps build long-term relationships -- with our employees and our clients. In fact, some of our engineers have been with us for ten, twenty, even thirty years. This dedication brings an unmatched level of consistency and accountability with everything we do.
Responsibilities: Responsible for the entire design process from the Proposal through preparation of the Plans, Specifications and Estimate of a moderate to large highway/roadway project or projects. Includes the following responsibilities:
The position also requires the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate all disciplines (roadway, structural, traffic, landscaping and environmental) involved in the project.
- Coordinate with all sub-consultants and clients.
- Keeps project on schedule, within budget, and performs or assures that quality control is accomplished for each project.
- Performs complicated design work on larger projects.
- Will be responsible for client development activities and project pursuits.
- Contract Review and Preparation – Prepare contracts for private and public agencies as required. Review all non-public agency contracts and provide review comments. Coordinate contract review with Accounting and provide comments back to client, work with project manager and Accounting to negotiate and resolve contract issues. Review all public agency contracts for accuracy of budgets, schedules, and pertinent data.
- Invoices – Review Lochner invoices for accuracy and proper format. Work with Office Administrator and project manager to ensure invoices are submitted on time. Review sub-consultant invoices on projects for accuracy and proper formatting.
- Sub-consultant coordination - Coordinate with sub-consultants on contract, budget and work related issues and resolve them in a satisfactory manner for both the sub and Lochner.
- Marketing and Contract assistance – Prepare project obligations required for IDOT and Tollway proposals. Prepare CECS and forms for IDOT, CDOT and the Tollway for proposals, contracts, and supplements. Ensure all forms are the latest and are required, and all forms are complete, accurate and organized. Assist with other marketing items as requested.
- PIFs – Work with Project Managers and Accounting to develop Project Input Forms for initial project budget and addendums.
- Project Insurance – Coordinate contract insurance requirements, order insurance certificates for the limits identified in the contract, and coordinate with the sub-consultants for contract insurance requirements.
- Deltek Vision – Approve all biweekly timesheets. Coordination with Project Managers regarding accuracy and timeliness of hours worked. Coordinate with Office Manager and Project Manager for operational reporting requirements.
- QA/QC – Perform QA and/or QC reviews of projects.
- Operational Activities - Managing/Mentoring staff and providing technical leadership on all transportation projects.
- Work-Sharing – Lead and participate in the monthly work-sharing teleconference. Monitor staff availability firm-wide. Assist in the preparation of work-sharing agreements.
LOCHNER provides a family oriented environment with exceptional opportunities for professional success. Come join the LOCHNER team and build your career with us! Please submit your resume to us online at http://www.hwlochner.com/Careers/Pages/Opportunities.aspx .
- Must have excellent detail orientation skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with contract law and be able to prepare and review engineering contracts.
- Must know the basics of Deltek Vision and be able to generate multiple types of different reports as well as perform tasks using Vision and follow the rules of Deltek Vision.
- Must know client requirements for IDOT, CDOT and Tollway proposals and contract document submittals.
- Must have experience in engineering projects to be able to perform QA or QC reviews, analyze project progress to be in conformance with project budgets and assist project managers in engineering, client, and sub-consultant issues.
- Must be diligent in the administrative tasks of invoice preparation and preparation of Project Input Forms.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action - M/F/D/V