Purpose of Position:
• The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the overall delivery of small to medium to scale projects, or a portfolio of several small to medium scale projects.
• The PM is specifically responsible for detailed planning of projects and the creation and management of project plans, schedules, and status reports capturing key performance measurements.
• The PM must monitor project metrics: cost, schedule, progress. Also responsible for resource capacity planning, forecasting, facilitating change control, issue and risk identification/quantification. Must track and manage multiple priorities of software development projects in a matrix management environment.
• Strategize with project teams to identify and resolve issues, assess potential risks and develop alternative plans.
• Consistently achieve high client satisfaction by being able to manage client expectations and then exceed these expectations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge and experience with facilitating communication, and cross-departmental interaction/satisfaction.
• Experience with advocating and promoting use of and project life cycle process and methodology.
• Knowledge of incremental improvement process methodology based on analysis and measurement.
• Strong working knowledge of providing recommendations and priority setting among Product Management, Executive Leadership, Development, and Quality Assurance.
• 10 or more years of professional related experience, with at least 5 years of project management experience using a proven software delivery lifecycle process.
• Experience with strategic, tactical, and operational planning, tracking and reporting.
• PMP certification strongly preferred.
• Scrum Master Certification preferred.
• Health Industry experience is a plus.
• Experience managing in a matrix organization including interfacing with executive level customers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with exceptional Project and Visio skills.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
Word & Brown Companies - 5 months ago