Job Title: |
Sr. Purchasing Agent - Casino
Area of Interest:
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Source vendors and administer bid process for casino equipment and consumables. Facilitate related purchasing processes and bid analysis in support of corporate-wide casino needs across all brands. Assist Manager with project plans and prioritization as needed.
• Identify purchasing opportunities with a focus on cost savings and quality. Yield improvements for casino consumables including high cost items, while analyzing cost savings opportunities on a regular basis.
• Source vendors and analyze bids considering variables such as price, availability of goods, shipping costs and quality within required specifications. Negotiate with vendors as needed. Handle entire purchase-to-pay process including electronic workflow distribution using I-Procurement, as needed.
• Liaise with several corporate departments and various cruise brands regarding a combination of specific brand needs, requirements and vendor accounts reconciliation.
• Review and analyze internal inventory levels to validate maintenance of appropriate par levels are on a timely basis.
• Contribute to project prioritization and overall work flow levels with Corporate Purchasing Manager, as needed.
• Perform other job related functions as assigned.
• 4-5 years of experience performing related functions in supply chain management field
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background, skills and experience.
• Ability to utilize Oracle Purchasing to facilitate corporate procurement of goods and services for casino consumables.
• Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to effectively negotiate and build strong relationships with vendors.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to multi-task, while meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Project management skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Must have a high degree of professional integrity and ethics.
Benefits as a member of the Carnival Team:
• We have an industry leading benefits program that includes a comprehensive healthcare program and a dental care plan
• The Company provides the benefit of a 401(k) plan effective from your first day of eligible employment. We also offer a generous company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
• Camp Carnival, accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children, is our on-site preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation. Camp Carnival also provides a drop-in program for those unexpected childcare conflicts
• Club Carnival, our on-site Health & Wellness Center, provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, resident massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
• Carnival also offers a Tuition Reimbursement Program which allows employees to receive up to 75 percent off tuition costs for their company related professional career development
• We also provide membership to Space Coast Credit Union and we have an on-site cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch
• We provide an Employee Stock Purchase plan for eligible employees to purchase Carnival Corporation Common Stock at a discount
• We also offer our employees Paid Time Off, Sick Time and paid holidays
• We also offer our employees company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
• Carnival is delighted to offer two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
Carnival Cruise Lines - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...