Senior Python Engineer - Job Description
The engineering culture at our client is based on building and integrating cutting-edge technologies while encouraging creativity, innovation, and expansion. Our engineers constantly raise the bar for excellence, motivating each other to tackle challenges and take intelligent risks. The industry is moving fast and our engineers are right there with it!
You will help drive development for an internal tool that addresses the #1 operating priority for our client. You will collaborate with visual/interaction designers, engineers, and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience. With our site and business experiencing dramatic growth, we are seeking engineers to join our team and contribute to scaling to the next level.
Desired Skills & Experience
Technically, you are a generalist. You are skilled in object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns. You’ve written extensive code for the web and have experience at all layers of the stack, from server configuration to databases to MVC to CSS.
- Ability to work on-site in Mountain View
- 10+ yrs professional programming experience and leadership ability
- 3+ yrs professional Python development
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, with proficiency in object-oriented design principles and extensive experience in Python (preferred), PHP, Ruby, Perl, Java, Groovy or Objective-C
- 2+ yrs professional MySQL experience
- Ability to work end-to-end on all aspects of MVC including UI work
- Experience with Flask, Jinja, Bootstrap, or Solr a plus
- Comfortable with agile dev cycle - we are using advanced scrum methods
- Broad Internet understanding: TCP/IP programming, basics of how HTTP and other major Internet protocols really work
- You thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, and iterative programming environment. You meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- You have excellent communication skills, initiative and teamwork and you love to connect with your internal customers to hear and address their concerns
- M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Von Church - 23 months ago