Senior Level QA Lead:
- Strategic and tactical responsibility for quality management over the assigned vertical.
- Automation and manual, the balance of which is largely up to this person's strategic decisions on how to best satisfy the vertical’s quality goals.
Senior Software Test Engineer is responsible for proposing, communicating and achieving quality goals across the business vertical. This includes establishing a partnership with development and product to assess quality needs, drive strategic implementation of quality processes/procedures, and advise on risk assessment/mitigation. This individual will also assume responsibility for the functional and regression testing of projects, defects and enhancements. Individual will independently prepare test strategies, perform testing and troubleshoot issues. He/she must be an expert with QA fundamentals, best practices, and established processes. Individual must communicate proactively and effectively on issues and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. Technical skills, analytical thinking, problem solving, and deductive reasoning are essential to this position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Functional testing of new product development and enhancements.
- Proposing and driving achievement of Quality goals across the business vertical.
- Ownership of estimation of testing effort and providing status updates.
- Keeping stakeholders aware of progress and risk associated with milestones.
- Provide ownership and accountability for assigned testing.
- Ensure satisfactory service with customers at all levels (Product Owners, Developers, etc).
- Plan and prioritize tasks to meet overall objectives.
- Continuous learning on new parts of system.
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases.
- Create data sets.
- Create and execute automation scripts.
- Identify software defects and manage their lifecycl.
- Continual review and improvement of testing process and implementation.
- Work with software development, product owners, internal and external business owners to understand the expected product functionality and customer requirements.
- Ensure that defects in the software products have been corrected and document results of tests.
- Troubleshoot at a technical level for website, middleware, and database failures
- The successful candidate should be a team player and be able to communicate well with customer and others on the team.
- Root Cause investigation on symptoms reported to develop reproducible scenarios for correction.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Qualified candidates will have previous working experience with software release cycles in web based environment and have a firm understanding of software testing methodologies.
- Working experience testing software applications on large-scale web applications is required.
- Working knowledge of the development, test, release and support processes.
- Organizational and time management skills and attention to detail a must.
- Working knowledge of developing test plans, debugging/isolating problems and driving issues to resolution.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be capable of breaking down complex situations to discover and resolve root causes, this applies to both technical issues and process issues.
- Experience with other software development environments is a must. Qualified candidates will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures.
- Ability to stay flexible and solution-oriented.
- Must be passionate about finding bugs and contributing to software quality.
- Experienced in producing high quality software in a demanding environment.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- 4-year degree in Science or Engineering (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, etc.) or relative experience in an IT field
- 6+ years of working QA testing experience with Internet applications (i.e. ASP, VB, .NET).
- Must be able to create, run and use SQL queries.
- 6+ years of experience with Online Technology projects
- Industry Certifications are highly preferred (CSTE/CSQA, PMP, CMM, Six Sigma or similar)
- Software Test Automation knowledge/training (Mercury suite, Selenium, or similar) is strongly preferred.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills within web pages, middleware and database is essential.
- Working knowledge of databases (i.e. SQL Server).
- Responsible, team-oriented, self-starter.
- A proven track record of supporting, developing or testing commercial software products.
Tree.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard