We are looking for a motivated self-learner with a passion to take on technical challenges and QA leadership opportunities for testing multi-layered web-based and/or mobile-device applications in an Agile environment. This position requires a person with excellent communications skills and an understanding of QA best practices that can adapt to changing technologies and collaborate within an Agile Scrum team. They will be responsible for test planning and estimating during sprint planning and then tracking the QA team’s progress towards sprint goals. They will also design, write, and execute a variety of tests (e.g. manual, exploratory, automated tests) and report test results in compliance with established QA practices. The person who is successful in this position will have mastered the business rules and data flow of each layer of the product under test. They will be regarded as a highly collaborative team member who does whatever it takes to ensure the product is thoroughly tested on behalf of end-users.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop test strategy for web-based and/or mobile device applications
- Provide test estimates and track QA task progress
- Design, write, and execute test cases using established test design techniques
- Uncover, document, and track product defects in defect tracking system
- Adapt, collaborate, and communicate effectively with Agile Scrum team
- Write and execute complex SQL queries to help troubleshoot defect cause
- Analyze test results and make recommendations for product improvement
- Write automated test scripts using in-house Ruby-based test automation framework
Experience in the following technologies a plus:
- 5 years QA experience
- Candidates must be willing and able to take full responsibility for a project or task from concept to completion with minimal supervision.
- Problem-solving, multitasking, analytical skills.
- High productivity and effective time management.
- Adapts well to existing Agile Scrum team processes
- Embraces change and views new technologies as exciting opportunities for professional growth
- Experience with SQL queries and databases.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A passion for investigating into how products work in determining root cause of defects
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
- Experience with scripting language and writing automated test scripts
- JIRA, QAComplete, SoapUI Pro
- Ruby, Cucumber, Capybara, Webkit, WATIR, Calabash
- Knowledge of network sniffer tools such as Fiddler or Wireshark.
- Knowledge of advanced test design techniques and strategies
- ISTQB certification
Education: Associates or Bachelors Degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems, or equivalent experience.
TransCore - 14 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...