Requisition ID: 58588
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world’s largest radioactive-waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) in southeastern Washington state. The $12.2 billion project will use vitrification technology to process and stabilize 53 million gallons (200 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste currently stored at the Hanford Site which is a byproduct of plutonium-production during World War II and the Cold War era.
- Organization: BSII
- Location: Richland, WA
- Closing Date: January 24, 2013
The project is the largest undertaking of its kind ever and one of DOE’s most technically challenging cleanup projects—equivalent to building two nuclear power plants. Its construction site spans 65 acres (26 hectares) and includes facilities for pretreatment, low-activity waste vitrification, and high-level waste vitrification, as well as an analytical laboratory.
Positions located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) work a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm.
All other work locations (Richland WA, Oakland CA and Frederick MD) work a 9-80’s schedule, M-F 7:00 am to 4:30 pm with alternating Fridays off.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with the Supplier Qualification group will perform supplier (vendor) audits/assessments/surveillances for the purpose of determining acceptability of the supplier/vendor Quality Assurance Program. This assignment requires extensive travel to a variety of locations, both domestic and foreign in the performance of supplier (vendor) audits and assessments.
Perform reviews of engineering and procurement related products/documents to ensure the inclusion of appropriate project technical and quality requirements. Interfaces with the Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant (WTP) Project Teams to provide direction and guidance on quality related matters and concerns. Plans, performs, and documents engineering and procurement related quality assurance oversight throughout the Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant (WTP) Project to ensure compliance with both quality and technical requirements. Participates in quality assurance audits as directed, to support the WTP supplier qualification program. Monitors construction, engineering, acquisition services, supplier quality, materials management, operations, commissioning, training, environmental safety & health, subcontract, and other activities as required. Performs follow-up and verification activities as directed by management, or when necessary. Coordinate Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant (WTP) Project procedure review activities with the Quality Assurance Programs Group and maintains associated Quality Assurance Information System (QAIS) matrices current. Proposes and prepares new draft or revisions to existing QA procedures, guides, and/or desktop instructions for review, approval, and issuance in accordance with approved procedures.
Grade and salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in an engineering, technical discipline, or related degree and 6 years of related experience; or
- In lieu of a degree, 12 years of related progressive experience. Related experience should include, but is not limited to, knowledge of a recognized quality assurance standard (e.g. NQA-1, ISO 9001) and its application to construction, engineering, acquisition services, supplier quality, materials management, operations, commissioning, training, environmental safety & health, or subcontractor processes.
- Must be able to clear a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical.
- Technical knowledge in Engineering or Quality Assurance in one or more of these disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Instrumentation sufficient to comprehend the application of and relationships to technical and quality requirements in engineering and procurement related products (specifications, drawings, material requisitions, purchase orders, subcontracts, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability with oral and written communications.
- Ability to use a computer and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Must be willing to travel (approx. 50-75% of the time) to a variety of locations, both domestic and foreign in the performance of supplier (vendor) audits and assessments.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
- Working knowledge of, or experience with the development of specifications, drawings, material requisitions, services requisitions, purchase orders, subcontracts, and interfacing with suppliers.
- Procurement engineering in a nuclear environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead individuals/organizations, projects and cross-functional teams.
- Hands-on experience in diverse leadership positions focusing on improving organization, efficiency, and productivity.
- Specialized courses in engineering, technical, or quality assurance disciplines.
- Current or recent Lead Auditor Certification in a nuclear environment in accordance with a recognized national standard.
- Knowledge of the application of corrective actions for conditions adverse to quality.
- Knowledge of the application of nonconformance and deficiency reports for nonconforming or deficient items.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions that affect the QA program.
- Prior experience with WTP Quality Assurance and Performance organization.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...