Requisition ID: 67949
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Organization: BSII
- Location: Richland, WA
- Grade: 25-26
- Closing Date: April 9, 2013
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world’s largest radioactive-waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) in southeastern Washington state. The $12.2 billion project will use vitrification technology to process and stabilize 53 million gallons (200 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste currently stored at the Hanford Site which is a byproduct of plutonium-production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The project is the largest undertaking of its kind ever and one of DOE’s most technically challenging cleanup projects—equivalent to building two nuclear power plants. Its construction site spans 65 acres (26 hectares) and includes facilities for pretreatment, low-activity waste vitrification, and high-level waste vitrification, as well as an analytical laboratory.
Positions located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) work a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm.
All other work locations (Richland WA, Oakland CA and Frederick MD) work a 9-80’s schedule, M-F 7:00 am to 4:30 pm with alternating Fridays off.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will participate in the evaluation and improvement of WTP project performance through the responsibilities listed below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, performs, and documents independent oversight activities
- Monitors project engineering, nuclear safety, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, and other activities to evaluate the quality of products, activities, and program effectiveness.
- Prevent quality problems by identifying risks and recommending improvements to correct potential deficiencies or program weaknesses
- Works closely with project personnel to recognize, analyze, and correct emerging problems that could impact work quality
- Reviews and reports on new or revised regulatory requirements and their impact on the established QA program
- Verifies actions taken in response to issues to ensure adequacy of completed actions.
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or scientific discipline or quality assurance field from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of experience in a field of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or quality assurance.
- In lieu of formal degree, a minimum of 12 years of experience in a field of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations or quality assurance.
Salary and grade commensurate with education and experience.
- Must be able to clear a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical.
- Technical knowledge in one or more of these disciplines: Engineering, Procurement, Nuclear Safety, Construction, or Operations sufficient to comprehend the application of and relationships to technical and quality requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution
- Ability to use a computer and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
- Technical and working knowledge of Department of Energy (DOE) Order 414.1, and 10 CFR 830 and their application for a nuclear related project
- Specialized courses in engineering, technical, or quality assurance disciplines
- Current or recent Lead Auditor Certification in a nuclear environment in accordance with a recognized national standard
- Six Sigma or Lean skills and tools exposure
- Knowledge of the application of corrective actions for conditions adverse to quality
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards associated with the design, construction, and procurement of nuclear facilities
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 18 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...