Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online (WDPRO) is the digital media arm of Parks and Resorts segment. Through our award-winning websites, we provide a digital portal to magical travel destinations such as the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, the Disneyland® Resort in California and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. At WDPRO, we also have designed and created websites for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club.
Design & Planning
• Understand the WDPRO Architectural Vision and how it applies to WDPRO business processes.
• Planning / designing scalable software platforms
• Design high availability solutions for production software
• Architect, design and implement solutions for test automation and improve test coverage
• Estimate/measure software performance
• Estimate effort for architecture, design, development and test automation tasks.
• Present technical issues and status to senior and executive management
• Document system and framework architectures
• Create / maintain architecture artifacts for various products
• Review project technical documentation
• Write design/functional specifications
• Evangelize best practices across a multi-discipline environment.
• Act independently to determine methods & procedures on new assignments.
• Develop and maintain technology standards.
• Proactively provide guidance to multiple projects throughout the project team.
• Proactively research and evaluate new technologies.
• Serve as an escalation point for technical problems.
• 5+ years of software design and implementation experience
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be judged on ability to work effectively with project teams. The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
• Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
• Experience working on issues that impact design, product success, or address future concepts, products, or technologies.
• Disciplined approach to maintaining and enforcing engineering best practices
• Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements
• Committed to deliver on time according to requirements and business needs.
• Able and willing to effectively mentor junior team members and contribute to a collaborative team environment
Specific Skills Required
• Extensive experience with Java-based web applications (J2EE, Servlets, etc…)
• Experience and designing Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc…)
• Experience developing/implementing large scale systems for the web.
• Experience leveraging cutting edge methodologies – Behavior driven development (BDD), Test driven development (TDD), Continuous Deployment and Continuous Performance testing
• Experience developing/implementing test automation frameworks like JBehaves, Selenium, etc.
• Experience using Unit test frameworks like JUnit, EasyMock, etc.
• Extensive Object Oriented analysis, design and development experience
• Software modeling experience (UML, SDLC methodologies etc)
• Experience with Open source framework - Spring
• Experience with enterprise architecture patterns and application design patterns
• Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
• Expert grasp of Computer Science concepts and how to apply them to problems (e.g. design patterns, measuring efficiency, etc…)
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practice in a multidisciplinary team
• Strong understanding of web delivery and network communication technologies including HTTP, SSL, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP, RMI
• Experience with distributed computing
• Experience with Relational Databases.
• Experience with No-SQL databases like Membase, MongoDB is a huge plus.
• Experience in the travel industry a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in field
This position is with the legal entity of WDPRO Online.