Sr. Quality Control Manager
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Summary of Primary Functions:
Responsible for providing guidance, recommendations, decisions, and feedback to Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Regulatory teams to ensure compliance and acceptable standards throughout all aspects of the company’s business practices to produce quality products. Managing, planning and directing quality control program designed to ensure product quality and production consistent with established standards.
- Establishes quality goals and requirements by designing, organizing, and promoting a quality culture; developing and disseminating standards, metrics, standard operating procedures (SOP) management, and contractor document and production records guidelines.
- Maintains quality compliance by developing and enforcing plans, programs, policies, procedures, and SOP’s; conducting audits; evaluating documentation; developing improvement plans.
- Assists in training, develop staff, and audits as a Quality representative to reinforce and maintain compliance.
- Serves as Quality Assurance and Quality Control representative for existing products and on new product design and development teams.
- Collects and analyzes product quality and process data using statistical techniques to identify trends and implement improvement plans accordingly.
- Develops continuous improvement plans and activities as related to manufacturing and quality processes.
- Responsible for ISO 9000 requirements and internal auditing principles.
- Drives the implementation of corrective actions to resolve issues and prevent recurrences.
- Manages department specific equipment preventative maintenance program to ensure equipment is in compliance for use.
- Protects organization’s competitiveness by keeping information confidential
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be changed or additional duties added as necessary.
- Experience with analysis of measurement systems (R & R studies)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum BS degree (Engineering preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment.
- Internal audit and/or quality assurance/project experience
- Extensive knowledge of industry, regulatory and company materials for quality-related subjects
- Six Sigma Experience preferred
- Green or black belt certification required
- Process / Continuous Improvement experience a must
Able to work 8-10 hour shifts, sit or stand for long periods of time. Ability to meet the requirements of the manufacturing area as needed. Repetitive use of hands and wrists. Lift up to 30 pounds.
*Luxottica is an equal opportunity employer.