Works closely with Supply Chain Management to develop and utilize quality systems to evaluate and qualify new suppliers. Develop and utilize quality systems to evaluate risk and implement plans to mitigate risk within the existing supply base. Responsible to conduct audits of internal Piper Aircraft, Inc. and Supplier processes, procedures, and systems.
Must be good utilizing problem solving tools to recommend and implement strategies of continuous improvement. To be effective this person must possess solid communication and managerial skills. This is a self directed role covering supplier, manufacturing and quality engineering responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Interface with Materials Management and Purchasing to develop and utilize quality systems to evaluate and qualify new suppliers
• Participate and when required lead new supplier and product introductions.
• Develop and utilize quality systems to evaluate risk and implement plans to mitigate risk with in the existing supply base.
• Conduct audits of internal Piper Aircraft, Inc. and supplier systems to recommend and implement strategies of continuous improvement.
• Work with Materials Management, purchasing, manufacturing, and suppliers on continuous improvement projects targeting quality, delivery, and cost.
• Lead and direct supplier/customer meetings as well as on-site discussions
• Own and manage Corrective Actions and evaluate effectiveness of improvement plans with suppliers, customers and internal manufacturing teams.
• Participate on the Material Review Board and support material disposition process to allow for quick turnaround of defective products
• Ownership of supplier quality data trends and goal setting for improvements. Maintain nonconforming material matrix data for the purpose of quality reporting through the use of statistical process control
• Apply statistical quality control and statistical methods for the purpose of measuring and improving the quality of processes.
• Implement strategic plans initiated by the Quality Department.
• Establish and own standards and methods for incoming inspection, testing and evaluation of processes and products to meet type design and customer requirements.
• Analyze nonconformance data to establish trends on recurrent nonconformity utilizing statistical tools.
• Interface with Engineering, customers, and suppliers on quality issues.
• Make recommendations to eliminate measurement system error.
• Application of statistical quality control and statistical methods for the purpose of measuring and improving the quality of processes.
• Recommend strategy to resolve for warranty claim issues on purchased items.
• Ability to effectively evaluate supplier process capabilities.
• Review Quality manual to ensure recommended revision in procedure is instituted.
• Must be able to travel extensively with in or outside the U.S.
· Detail orientated mind set with flexibility to work in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to multitask across industries and utilize team resources efficiently
• Perform other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical area, (Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing, Aeronautical or Aerospace) required.
• ASQ CQA, CQE or CQM certification preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing process and quality systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements CFR 14 part 21 preferred.
• A minimum of seven years within a quality capacity in a manufacturing organization. Five years machining and fabrication or aircraft experience preferred.
• Experience working with and auditing to a recognized Quality System AS9100, ISO 9001:2000, QS 9000, TS16949.
• Knowledge working with Advance Product Quality Planning and Control Plan (APQP)
• Training or use of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) preferred.
• Good knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action techniques preferred.
• Knowledge of layout techniques and how to properly stage and layout a part.
• Experience working with suppliers and qualifying suppliers through process and/or system auditing.
• Working knowledge of Geometric tolerances.
• Six Sigma exposure or Green Belt desirable.
• Working knowledge of Windows based computer programs such as Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
**Only applicants presently legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis need apply. No immigration sponsorship available at this time.
TO APPLY: Please click the link below and e-mail your resume and desired / most recent salary to email@example.com . Please put the name of the job you are applying for in the title of the e-mail.
Contact Human Resources
Piper Aircraft - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard