- Determines procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure products meet print and customer specification.
- Represents Donaldson to the customer.
- Supports project management timeline.
- Drives continuous improvement.
- Represents the voice of the customer to suppliers and manage supplier relationships
- Performs supplier, product, and process audits.
- Designs and installs sophisticated testing equipment and performs product testing and analysis to ensure that potential defects and failure rates are minimized and quality levels are maintained in the most efficiency and cost effective manner.
- Designs and installs quality control process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques.
- Analyzes production (process’ and work instruction) of defective products to determine corrective actions and trends.
- Recommends revision of specifications when required.
- Interfaces with supplier quality representatives concerning quality problems, ensures that effective corrective action is implemented and develops supplier quality improvement programs.
- Represents quality assurance in product design and development projects.
- Develops the economics of any quality control programs when required.
Bachelor's degree in engineering
Minimum 2 years related professional engineering work experience
Heavy metal fabrication experience preferred
CWI or NACE certifications a plus
Ability to travel domestic or international 10-25%.
Donaldson Company, Inc. - 2 years ago