Senior Quality Engineer - supports the manufacturing production operations obtain Quality through the achievement of “Zero Defects” practices.
Must have skills & demonstrated executable hands on - Quality practices that have: utilized data to make decisions, established error proofing & detection systems, coordinated new product design and gate reviews, proven knowledge of dimensional – GD&T, gage development, appearance standards, materials and manufacturing processes. Must be able to apply diversified knowledge of quality engineering principles and practices to produce and/or coordinate the solutions to complex problems. Considerable creativity and initiative is required, and ability to lead organizations, and work in a team environment.
- Controls product quality through development and use of FMEA’s, control plans, process flow charts, standardized work, operator instructions, audits, problem solving techniques and issue resolution meetings.
- Coordinates activities for PPAP approval with engineering, quality, purchasing, scheduling and the production departments to ensure requirements are achieved, and production evaluations are purposeful and effective with design intent materials.
- Reviews engineering changes, deviations and monitors implementation status to assure successful results.
- Reviews internal and external metrics to assure any quality issues are quickly investigated and resolved.
- Utilizes structured problem solving techniques to systematically eliminate variables in complex issues and concentrate organization and team efforts on root causes.
- Supports production issues resolution with product and process knowledge. Able to assess issues for 4 M’s – Man, Method, Machine and Materials. Coach’s team members on proper methods to execute consistent assembly processing techniques.
- Purchased product issue are resolved in a team approach via documentation of the discrepancy and coordinating efforts with purchasing and the supplier to identify, verify, contain and resolve the issue with proper documentation and follow-ups to assure “Zero-Defects”.
- Audits quality procedure implementation and execution, operations consistency through teams and shifts, product quality standards and metrics to achieve organization objectives.
- Monitors and supports analysis of production discrepant products and processes, and coordinates containment, communications, sorting & analysis of questionable materials. Establishes and documents clean points for short and long term issues resolutions.
- Supports all organizational initiatives to from: Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering: Mechanical, Physics, Materials
- - Preferred
7 years +, Quality experience in a manufacturing environment with assembly knowledge
Quality specific knowledge - FMEA, Control Plans, Standardize Work, APQP, PPAP, Measurement Systems Analysis, Auditing, Statistical data analysis, ISO 9001, Problem Solving – DOE, 5 Phase, 8D, 5W, 4M, A3, Red X, Statistical Engineering, DMAIC analysis.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management, suppliers and customers.
- Strong ability to manage time effectively along with strong organizational and presentation skills. Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Filemaker
- Understanding of requirements for “Reach”, “Rohs” and “Conflict Minerals”
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, and manage multiple projects in a technical and business environment.
Fox Racing Shox - 14 months ago
Compass Diversified Holdings helps niche companies navigate their way toward profitability. The holding company owns controlling stakes in...