Job ID # : 3521 Location: Howell, MI
Functional Area : Insurance Processing SBU: 27100 - Commercial Lines Operations
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : High School Diploma
Experience Required : 1 - 3 Years
Relocation Provided :
“Our Policy is Performance”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions. .
Apply today and discover:
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking an experienced Account Specialist/Senior Rater for our Howell, MI office.
- Why , in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers. …what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
- The Account Specialist/Sr. Rater will be responsible for determining premium charge for Commercial Lines business using both manual and automated methods.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate issuance of commercial lines policies, quotes, and endorsements.
- Provides customer service support for agents and underwriters, handling various inquiries and requests with a high level of complexity.
- Works more with CL Underwriters to deliver a timely and accurate product to agents and underwriters for multiple and/or more complex lines of business with continued focus to manage at an account level.
- Interprets issuance and rating instructions from Underwriters for new business, renewals, policy quotes, endorsements and cancellations for small and middle market business, and acts as a resource to other areas and regions.
- Takes initiative to investigate, collaborate with others and propose solutions to problems.
- Takes ownership for a successful resolution.
- Actively participates in team discussions and problem solving. Anticipates customer needs.
- Can rate for all lines of business and multi-states. Line of business expert.
- Recognizes discrepancies in data/information, brings them to the attention of appropriate parties or resolves them.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude in the resolution of such discrepancies.
- Demonstrates a “do it right the first time” attitude.
- Takes pride in producing a professional work product.
- Delivers timely and accurate quotes and policies.
- Proactive outreach to agents and underwriters for issue resolution and ease of doing business.
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
- Bachelors Degree or Industry Designation Preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of insurance experience in Commercial Lines commensurate with responsibility of the role.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 2 years ago