Avery Dennison is a global leader in pressure-sensitive adhesives and materials, office products, labels, tags, retail systems and specialty chemicals. The Fastener Solutions Group of Avery Dennison is a worldwide manufacturer of plastic fastening systems used in the automotive, apparel, retail, home furnishing, security and packaging industry.
The successful candidate will be a major contributor to our R&D and Manufacturing Engineering Teams. We are seeking a creative, hands-on BSME or MSME who can develop and optimize manufacturing processes for precision plastic components, cable ties, mechanisms and machinery for worldwide distribution. This position will focus on new business applications and will require intimate collaboration with marketing, design engineering and manufacturing personnel. The ideal candidate will have a successful record of accomplishment working collaboratively with others. Responsibilities will include solving processing challenges, implementing new tooling and equipment, developing specifications and establishing manufacturing processes for many new product introductions. Experience in rapid prototyping processes and solids modeling CAD systems are required.
• Collaborate with R&D design engineers to create new product concepts to identified customer needs.
• Provide process/manufacturing expertise in planning & executing product development projects.
• Manufacturing equipment design utilizing Solid Works CAD software.
• Identifies/manages external resources for design, development, & prototyping.
• Uses technical and analytical skills to create new processes and/or improve existing processes.
• Ensures processes are well defined, effectively communicated, and accurately documented.
• Assists in diagnosing/solving customer problems related to new and existing products.
• Interface with technical talent located in our domestic and international locations. Travel as needed to support product and process introductions.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering required with a minimum of 8 years experience in an R&D/Product development environment.
Minimum of 5 years in plastic injection molding and/or extrusion processes.
Working knowledge of all facets of manufacturing processes, and experience in the design and implementation of manufacturing equipment.
Experience establishing process parameters, validating capabilities, and developing manufacturing documentation to support new product introductions.
Must be hands-on and possess strong problem solving skills.
• Solids modeling proficiency using Solid Works.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Proven communication, listening and negotiation skills are critical to this role.
• Travel as needed (15% estimated) to domestic and international locations to support technical needs.
Physical Work Location:
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....