LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 13,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
LPL Financial Research:
LPL Financial is currently searching for an experienced investment professional/analyst to join the largest in-house research team in the independent broker/dealer industry. This individual will conduct in-depth research into and perform due-diligence on alternative investments such as private equity, managed futures, BDCs, REITs, hedge funds, and other direct investments and high-net-worth products. Additionally, the analyst will work in a research- and investments-driven culture and contribute to performance of the firm’s models. This position will be based in the LPL Financial corporate offices in Boston, Massachusetts and report up to Burt White, Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer.
Due to the independence, scale, and position of LPL Financial in the industry, our Research team has direct access to the best managers and investments in the industry. We combine this access with proprietary quantitative, qualitative, and technical research strategies to proactively invest for our advisors and their clients. The ideal candidate will have a passion for investing and tireless intellectual curiosity regarding markets, managers, and investments of all types. The successful candidate will have a history of high performance, the ability to take initiative, and follow through on projects independently. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess strong quantitative skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The right candidate will demonstrate self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity, perseverance, attention to detail, and a passion for investing.
- Ability to think creatively about investments including managers and the markets in which they invest;
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- Superior communication skills both oral and written;
- History of independent, high-performance work as well as being a strong contributor to a team;
- Ability to cogently explain and discuss research recommendations to different audiences;
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast-paced, and growing environment;
- Solid understanding of real estate and a variety of alternative investment products as well as a grounding in quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic;
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of an organization;
- A passion for investing and a dedication to providing superior research;
- At least three to five years of industry experience; and
- A bachelor’s degree and an MBA, CFA or CAIA is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
LPL Financial Services - 14 months ago