Successfully partner with Marketing to identify, lead, and execute behavioral analytical projects to drive effective, high return operational or targeting strategies; manage the analytical execution of the program throughout all stages
Responsibilities: Integrate customer analysis and insights into targeted direct marketing and the MyLowes customer loyalty program; project management for the execution of any targeting strategies; assist managers with presentation development and communication of analytics; partner with vendors to identify and utilize predictive and other advanced analytic techniques
Expectations: Identify process changes to improve program management; lead deeper post-program or other behavioral analytics and effectively communicate findings to Marketing and Lowes.com leadership; independently manage higher volume program workload, including flexibility to respond to ad hoc requests; ability to deliver with moderate supervision
Experience: 2-3 years of database marketing, web or marketing analytics or data mining experience preferably in retail; experience performing analytics in a time-focused, operational environment
- Customer analysis and targeting skills: ability to manipulate large volumes of multivariate customer data and generate specific profile and transaction indexing and other behavioral patterns; ability to translate insights from large volumes of customer data ( >10 million rows) into effective marketing campaign strategies; ability to use and integrate syndicated segmentation systems with customer data (i.e. Mosaic, PRIZM, Personicx)
- SQL: ability to write, test, and execute SQL code to extract, manipulate, manage, and summarize customer data
- Relational database capabilities: ability to manage unique structure inherent in denormalized, relational database systems including an understanding of the impact of data relationships (one: many, many: many)
- Statistical analysis skills: ability to conduct, interpret, and draw implications from hypothesis testing methods and basic statistical model outputs; ability to understand multivariate relationships to a target variable vs. simple correlations; proficiency in using SAS and/or SPSS
- Research reporting and interpretation skills: ability to weave data from different research reports into findings, draw conclusions, and create an objective point of view; ability to interpret complex advanced analytic outputs (segmentation, factor analysis)
- Project management skills: ability to develop a well defined plan including scoping the length and difficulty of project tasks; set objectives and goals; develop schedules and task assignments
Education: MS/MA/MBA in Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Math or Business or BS/BA with 3 additional years experience. Proof of quantitative analysis and intermediate SQL and relational database skills required
Competencies: Exceed Client Expectations, Analyze Problems /Issues, Drive for Results, Build Relationships, Use Sound Judgment, Demonstrate Adaptability
With fiscal year 2011 sales of $50.2 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,745 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's - 18 months ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...