At ORC International, we pride ourselves on attracting the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. At ORC International, you’ll be surrounded by creative and forward-thinking colleagues who embody the mission and values the company has set forth:
At ORC International, we encourage and reward creativity, open-mindedness, fresh thinking and a blend of diverse and complementary perspectives. We recruit from a variety of backgrounds in and outside of the market research sector, and select people on the basis of their excellent interpersonal skills, technical expertise, commercial awareness, enthusiasm, self-motivation and desire to build a successful career.
- We are focused on our clients’ success and search for innovative ways to address their challenges.
- We value our colleagues and help each other succeed.
- We act with integrity and strive for excellence.
- We communicate openly and honestly and treat each other with mutual respect.
- We embrace change and are committed to the company’s success.
Our people are critical to our success and we focus attention on ensuring that they have fulfilling and interesting careers with us. We are committed to developing and nurturing our staff and encourage our employees to flourish in this open, opportunity-rich environment and create wide career paths across all of our businesses. With ORC International, you are not only making the choice to have a fulfilling career full of excitement and reward, but to have a career full of endless opportunities for development and growth.
Working at ORC you will be working with a group of dedicated, bright and energetic people. We are focused on our clients, but also ensure that our own work environment is supportive, enriching and fun! We offer competitive salaries and rich benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, Community Volunteer days, seasonal outings and more.
ORC International seeks an ambitious, intellectually curious Senior Research Analyst (SRA) to join the New York-based Financial, Advertising and Professional services team, supporting a number of clients across numerous sub-sectors of all three industries.
The Sr. Research Analyst works in a very dynamic, fast-paced team to solve business problems for ORC’s clients. Knowledge of finance per se, such as financial modeling, is not required for this position. ORC will train the analyst for any necessary research skills and industry-specific knowledge.
The SRA will support the broader team of approximately 30 members in designing, implementing, and completing research as directed by clients or through internal channels, which consists of :
Compile, analyze, and interpret data from internal (e.g. Factiva, Lexis-Nexis, and Thomson-Reuters) and external sources (e.g. industry or company analysts, trade associations etc.) - representing combination of published research and primary research methodologies when necessary
Arrive at a single, actionable ‘story’ for our clients, and be able to articulate key themes and findings from the research, in writing and verbally
Prepare reports and presentations for clients, in MS Word and MS PPT but leveraging other programs as needed
Perform quality control checks on data researched to ensure integrity
Uncover and disseminate best practices in use of information and knowledge
Where possible, devise new methods of improving efficiency and effectiveness in data compilation, data analysis, and data interpretation
In addition to the above, the SRA will also demonstrate a capability to add value beyond a core research capability (detailed above), in one or more of the following ways:
Develop close working relationships with clients to become a trusted partner over time, through high-quality research and analyses that earn and reinforce clients’ investment in us; success is most likely evidenced through total client spending within our team and/or across ORC’s full suite of services
Bring forward content / methodology / domain based thought leadership – in the forms of white papers, custom solutions, syndicated and quasi-syndicated research options that position ORC as a leader in driving original research, continuous improvement across our value chain and implementation support for best practices
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Independently completes research in client ready form within deadlines
- Works well independently and as part of a closely-knit team
- Works well with a little or a lot of direction and guidance and can adjust approaches accordingly
- Ability to analyze data, provide key learnings and insights, and recommend next steps for research – ability to connect research to real world business challenges
- Ability to recognize patterns and creatively perceive relationships between disparate pieces of information to aid in storytelling
- Ability and comfort working with sometimes abstract and qualitative concepts
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple assignments effectively
- Engages with contacts outside of the company (like clients, industry experts, etc.) in an articulate, professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Knowledge of Windows PC environment, particularly MS Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel – ideally with equally strong proficiency in all 3)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Takes initiatives to solve problems
- Takes initiatives to add value through client development and thought leadership (described above)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
2-5 years' experience is preferred
Knowledge of finance, advertising or professional services is not required, an active interest is
ORC International - 11 months ago
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on...