Sr. Research Scientist I (Cardiomyocyte)(Job Number: 1300497)
- Conduct, analyze and report in vitro and ex vivo safety pharmacology assays. Contribute to new model development for cardiovascular or CNS side effects of test compounds or drug candidtes.
- Ability to excel in a multi functional, collaborative environment and contribute to in vitro and or ex vivo safety pharmacology and investigational toxicology studies of discovery compounds, clinical candidates and development compounds.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a team environment are desired.
- Education preferred is BS with 13 years of related experience or MS in Pharmacology, Physiology or related field with 10 years of experience.
- This position will require expertise in cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology with a focus on proteins that underlie cardiomyocyte electrophysiology and contractility.
- Prior experience with primary adult or stem cell derived cardiomyocytes and cardiac tissues or isolated perfused hearts, and expertise with techniques such as manual or automated patch clamp, multi electrode array of other ion channel assay methods such as slice electrophysiology is important.
- Experience with complementary techniques such as dynamic intracellular calcium or membrance potential measurement or contractility assessment in cardiomyocytes or cardiac tissue is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Job Function: Toxicology
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Hopewell
: R&D - Research
Bristol-Myers Squibb - 12 months ago
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) may be a giant in transition, but its still a pharmaceutical giant. The company's blockbuster cardiovascular...