Development of clinical and commercial formulations and manufacturing processes. Development of controlled release technology platforms.
- Interface with the discovery organization to provide support, developability assessments and preformulation support.
- Devise and develop innovative ideas for new products/delivery systems. Keep informed of patent literature and new drug delivery technologies.
- Independently plan and execute scientific experimental studies as part of an overall product development program.
- Lead the logistics and execution of the manufacture of clinical supplies for assigned projects
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for IND/NDA filings.
- Communicate and collaborate with Analytical sciences, supply chain, Pharmaceutical Technology, toxicology and PK and Regulatory CMC as needed. Participate in project team or sub-teams as requested by supervisor.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
- A Bachelors degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years job related experience.
- A Master degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years job related experience.
- A Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent with 0-1 years of experience.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
- Strong scientific background and understanding of physical chemistry principles, fundamentals of formulation science and process research and the ability to successfully and independently apply those to the development of new products and technologies. Knowledge of polymer science is preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of pharmaceutical unit operations- includes but not limited to: granulation (wet and dry), blending and mixing, drying, encapsulation, tablet compression and coating. Experience with oral controlled release dosage forms is preferred.
- Experience in dosage form analytical testing is a plus (e.g. dissolution testing of immediate and controlled release formulations, mechanical properties testing of excipients and finished dosage form).
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written), organizational and interpersonal skills.Brief Description/Overview:
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 13 months ago