Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Sr. Retirement Services Consultant
Directly responsible for providing a broad range of pension services to our clients with large and/or complex pension plans (e.g., AVP and ARM assigned plans) in assigned Field Marketing Divisions. These services include plan design, research, analysis of pension products and investment vehicles. Responsible for overall coordination of client work with the Defined Contribution and Defined Benefits areas, and other Pension operations areas. This position is also responsible for mentoring/coaching other team members in pension technical and client-related situations. Responsible for ensuring client satisfaction of assigned caseload.
Proper coordination of services will create an environment in which the pension operations can deliver excellent service/products to meet client expectations resulting in continued pension growth and contribution to company's surplus.
- 25% Serve as the primary contact for a hybrid caseload consisting of complex, large and medium pension plans (e.g., AVP and ARM assigned plans. Provide expertise and guidance in the area of sales, service and conservation of pension plans.
- 15% Act as an advocate for our existing clients representing their interests in Pension Operations. Create an environment of excellent customer service.
- 15% Analyze and interpret federal regulatory changes that impact the proper administration to the pension plans to maintain IRS qualified status and convey information to clients.
- 10% Provide input into the development of the strategic plan and the division business plan and assist in the activities involved implementing the strategic and business plans.
- 10% Consult with Plan Trustees throughout life of plan and time of benefit distributions regarding benefit options for terminating or retiring participants.
- 5% Maximize "in-force business" by meeting conservation persistency goals.
- 10% Provide input into the development of promotional, marketing, sales materials, pension operations' written communication materials, etc.
- 10% Serve as key contact for field staff in assigned Marketing Divisions. Provide expertise and guidance in the area of sales, service and conservation.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Insurance, or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
2. Seven years of pension experience (progressively responsible work experience in the following pension areas: plan design, administration, marketing, federal regulations, project work). Of those seven years, a minimum of five years of pension consulting experience are required.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Pension Administration concepts, policies and procedures.
4. Demonstration of effective presentation, oral and written communication skills.
5. Demonstration of effective interpersonal and customer focused skills.
6. Demonstration of effective analytical, organizational and planning skills.
7. Demonstration of effective leadership skills.
8. Achievement of the Qualified Pension Administrator Certification. Working towards completion of Certified Pension Consultant.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations, Customer Service
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20130210-11200
CUNA Mutual Group - 18 months ago