Primary Responsibility : Responsible for providing high-end graphic compositing support in the creation of all original marketing components for Starz programming productions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Perform high-end retouching, compositing and finishing with photography and/or illustration to generate the primary marketing assets for Starz Programming including, photo cleanup and strong color correction skills, image manipulation, detailed object masking, photographic/rendered compositing of multiple photographic elements, stylistic treatments, object removal and background/image rebuild, and model retouching.
- Interact closely with Creative Directors, Art Directors and Designers to interpret desired end products and expectations and capture the artistic vision of a given project while communicating the direction to potential contractors brought in for additional support.
- Utilize image manipulation software applications along with third party filters to output the highest quality art assets, identifying the creative layout and visual acuity.
- Work with the in-house Digital Asset Management systems on network shares including, scanning physical artwork or transferring digital files from third party media sites, FTP sites, CDs, and DVDs and create image preview records in Portfolio.
- Perform digital imaging duties such as generating image derivatives for support of all forms of Starz and Encore marketing (online, affiliate, print, etc). Including, resizing, cropping, color correction, and Key and Title artwork assemblage.
- Manage and mentor a team of Retouch and Finish Artists in techniques to continually expand capabilities.
- Work closely with Senior Photo Editor on consistent color and look of show images.
Applicants should include a link to their on-line portfolio or attach examples of their retouch / finish work. It would be very helpful to include before and after shots.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred; or minimum five years related experience at a print production company or related industry and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient technical knowledge in Mac and PC hardware and software with advanced production design background desired with experience in InDesign, Quark, Illustrator and Photoshop software applications.
- Display a solid understanding of design principles, layout and color theory.
- Previous background in the entertainment industry, ad agency or design firms a plus.
- Previous background working with a Digital Asset Management System a plus.
- Experience in conventional and digital photography a plus.
- Confident in working with Capture One or other RAW image editing software and have an understanding of XMP metadata associated with RAW edits.