Come work for Move! We are the leading hub of online and offline real estate and neighborhood information. We strive to provide the best experience for both consumers and real estate professionals through realtor.com ®, the company’s flagship site and the official site of the National Association of REALTORS with over 1 million unique users per day. |
If you want to work on a high performance, high traffic, advanced interactive site supporting complex business rules, SEO and instrumentation then read on! This is not an art site or a corporate application, but a place where real home buyers and sellers come to find properties and related information in an easy-to-use, responsive site that meets their needs.
We are currently looking for a strong Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to develop high quality software for our flagship web site, realtor.com ®, in our San Jose, CA office. Our Rails team actively uses Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and pair based programming for our service layer. We are looking for developers to bring this approach to the realtor.com ® front end.
Personal characteristics include:
- 6+ years front end development at a high traffic consumer site
- Strong, in depth knowledge and experience in Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Solid knowledge of OO design and programming
- Experience with client performance optimization for highly-trafficked web applications
- Passion for developing intuitive, high performing user interfaces
You are highly productive, self-motivated, creative, focused, and have excellent communication skills. You have high integrity. You are curious and love to learn. You stay up-to-date with relevant technologies and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices. You seek out challenges and take calculated risks when appropriate. You are passionate about creating world class consumer web experiences for our consumers, customers, and partners.
- Develop consumer based features/applications that will excite and please a user base of millions.
- Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions.
- Develop best practices and architecture
Move, Inc. - 2 years ago
Move, Inc., a subsidiary of News Corp, is a leading provider of online real estate services and operates the Move network of real estate...