Why this role is Awesome: If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on thousands of keywords, working fast, and being at a company where the CEO truly “gets” SEO, this role might be for you!
TripAdvisor is growing its world class search engine optimization team and is looking for a Senior SEO Specialist to contribute on strategy, execution, and analysis. TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. We take pride in our SEO and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team.
What Are We Looking For:
· You are a passionate search marketer who is extremely knowledgeable about best practices and the latest new areas of SEO, and you also relish in the analytical aspects of the industry.
· You are detail-oriented, but can balance these details with the larger business objectives.
· You are quantitative, pragmatic, and methodical in your approach to SEO.
· You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
· You are invigorated, not intimidated, by large volumes of data and keywords. You are adept at analyzing data at scale.
· You have deep experience working on SEO on a global scale. You might even speak another language fluently.
· You are an ambitious self-starter who takes pride in being “first in class”.
· You are results driven and have a strong business acumen.
· You enjoy problem-solving and have a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
· You work well with many types of people and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· You’re an excellent communicator, especially when incorporating data to substantiate your winning point.
What You’ll Do:
· Monitoring daily performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple global markets.
· Identifying growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization.
· Writing specification documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
· Analyzing experiment results and pushing forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
· Performing granular traffic and conversion analyses across multiple global markets to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
· Identifying and analyzing competitor techniques, as well as benchmarking TripAdvisor’s performance against competitors.
· Optimizing internal linking structures to maximize rankings across our keyword portfolio.
· Assessing and understanding each market’s needs related to Search, and communicating them to various internal and external stakeholders.
What We Seek:
· BA or BS degree (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering).
· 3 to 5 years SEO work experience at an industry leading site or agency.
· Advanced skill with Excel and or Access required. Exposure to SQL, HIVE, or other coding. languages strongly desired. Statistical background is a plus.
· Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Openness to change and new information.
· Recognition of own strengths and weaknesses.
· Ability to collaborate with others, build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
· Ability to respond appropriately to needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
· Capacity to understand and utilize metrics relevant to role.
· Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
· Good business acumen.
· Aptitude to partner with other departments and varying levels of staff and management.
· Ability to take direction, effectively manage projects and collaborate with others to achieve department/company goals.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
employer participates in E-Verify. The employer
provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Smarter Travel Media - 17 months ago
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted...