# of openings:
Symphony Teleca Corporation (STC) is a world-leading supplier of software solutions and engineering services to the automotive and mobile industries. Our unmatched domain expertise and experience, combined with a global footprint, enable our customers to realize their products, services and visions. Symphony Teleca has approximately 6,000 employees in 12 countries.
Symphony Teleca’s automotive business unit has its North America office in Farmington Hills, MI. Areas of expertise include embedded software development for Vehicle Infotainment Systems (IVI) using MS-Auto, QNX, eLinux and Opensource platforms (Android, MeeGo), cloud-based solutions such as Vehicle Relationship Management, firmware and software update over-the-air, HTML5 development, connected vehicle solutions such as in-car communication, Smartphone connected solutions and Ethernet AVB, as well as a complete suite of Adobe services and solutions, including Air and Flash Lite licensing. These comprehensive offerings, supported by a global delivery organization, enable STC to excel in the service of its global customers.
STC is looking for a highly motivated Sales Director to champion our automotive offerings. This position requires that candidates demonstrate a proven track record of successive sales positions with increased responsibility, culminating in the development and management of successful OEM and Tier 1 supplier strategic accounts. It is likely your customer facing experience has honed your hunter/gatherer skills and you recognize that exceptional performance is mandatory. This is a great opportunity to join a team of talented professionals and work with some of the largest companies in the world!
This position requires that the candidate shall;
Contact and grow business with existing Symphony Teleca clients
Identify new opportunities for Symphony Teleca
She/he is responsible for the direction and management of automotive sales and business development operations for assigned accounts, including market competitiveness, pricing, , distribution and channel strategy
Develop sales plans, strategies, and final presentations designed to enhance Symphony Teleca’s revenue growth and meet our customer needs
Work closely with Marketing to develop, establish and direct channel and distribution strategies and programs
Develop and maintain key customer relationships and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
Contact and visit named accounts which are deemed critical to STC’s continued success
Develop sales plans, strategies, and final presentations designed to enhance STC’s revenue growth and meet our customer needs
Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly sales revenue streams accurately,
Remain knowledgeable of organization's products/services to facilitate sales efforts,
Support technical bids and effort estimation
Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and how to best utilize the organization's products and services to achieve their intended outcome
Perform sales activities for assigned strategic accounts to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives
Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure satisfaction
Be the “Voice of the Customer” within the Symphony Teleca automotive business unit
This opportunity requires proven full sales cycle automotive knowledge, technical interfacing skills and an in-depth understanding of OEM and Tier 1 supplier development cycles.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in business, sales, or marketing or equivalent training in business or sales management
Specific Job Skills:
- 10+ years experience in the automotive, wireless or embedded software industries
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Knowledge of automotive life cycles.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Experience with specific sales methodology, sales funnel management
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Will be based out of the Farmington Hills, MI office
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to mentor and motivate team members
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Due to the growth nature of the business, a very high level of energy and commitment and a strong focus on immediate output is expected
Teleca is an international IT services company focused on R&D that develops and integrates advanced software and information technology...