Imagine... working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
At Campbell, we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Proactively applies nutrition science into product messaging opportunities aligned with consumer needs and consistent with business objectives. Monitors and translates nutrition science, policy, and programs to define the external environment and wellness trends to shape business and technical strategies and establish nutrition and wellness as a point of sustainable competitive advantage for Campbell products. Works closely with business partners and technical colleagues to identify science-based opportunities that will enable significant and sustainable growth opportunities for one or more business units. Establishes shared goals and success criteria needed to deliver near term and long term nutrition and wellness roadmap including scientific documentation and research necessary to to support various structure/function claims, health claims, and qualified health claims. Works closely with governmental agencies and national health organizations to lead health initiatives, shape policy and identify and leverage opportunities for Campbell products and product positioning. Keys to the role are: knowledge of nutrition science, dietary guidance, regulations; the ability to work effectively with business teams to drive the wellness strategy forward; and ability to use nutritional expertise to identify and execute opportunities to position Campbell as providing wellness solutions for consumers.
- Partners with commercial colleagues to fully understand business unit objectives, identify opportunities, and establish shared goals to deliver science-based nutrition and wellness messages to deliver annual operating plans.
- Continually monitors Nutrition Research and the external environment to proactively identify and develop science-based messaging and product opportunities consistent with business strategy to enable significant and sustainable growth opportunities for one or more business units.
- Collaborates with universities and other external entities to execute nutrition research including clinical and survey research that can extend nutrition and wellness knowledge and add value to new and existing products.
- Works across regional boundaries to enhance global connectiveness with regional Nutrition teams to establish common goals, align workstreams and resources and and coordinate and deliver common nutritional programs, including science-based claims and research.
- Active involvement in Nutrition science community including governmental agencies, health organizations , and trade associations to proactively shape policy in areas strategic to Campbell Soup Company.
- The individual must have prior experience leading nutrition or nutrition-related research programs as part of a cross functional team with the ability to communicate how these initiatives quantitatively furthered business, trade, or association objectives.
- The successful candidate will possesses a keen business acumen and be able to critically review, synthesize and align science-based information to develop wellness applications aligned to commercial objectives.
- Recognized as a technical expert internally and with the external scientific community. Extensive experience in interacting with and influencing the external scientific community including government, industry, trade associations and academia.
- Develops credible and accurate substantiation on Campbell products for advertising, press releases and analyst reports.
- This individual must be able to communicate effectively to multiple audiences both internally and externally -- business, scientists, educators, physicians, etc.
- Must be able to lead and move wellness initiatives forward in cross functional teams and across regional borders.
- Must be able to work as part of a cross functional team and leverage individual strengths for successful project completion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Minimum education required: M.S. in Nutrition Science or related field
- Education desired: Ph.D. in Nutrition Science or related field. RD Internship
- Years of relevant experience: minimum 5 years with doctorate, 6-10 years with M.S., preferably food industry experience
- Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
- Strong background in nutrition science and one or more of the allied sciences such as statistics or science communication.
- Results driven with a clear understanding of the business environment and business fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional and regional boundaries to deliver business or association results.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Must be able to translate scientific findings effectively to consumers, business and professional audiences.
- Experience serving on committees in government, industry, or trade associations.
- Regulatory knowledge related to advertising and label communications.
- Strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail and high standards for accuracy.
- Ability to problem solve complex situations and recommend solutions.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core...