This position is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of training programs designed specifically to meet the multi-functional needs of a growing semiconductor manufacturing facility. This role requires development of cross-functional strategic partnerships within the organization in order to understand facility needs and garner cooperation for the development of action plans within the L&D function to meet those needs while also sustaining a continuous learning model within the organization.
- Work with the Fab 8 Operations, Technology Development, and other cross-functional areas to develop and execute learning plans for all job levels within the facility in order to support production requirements.
- Maintain focus on the organizational development initiatives and goals; work in tandem with OD to help meet the needs of specific focus areas through targeted L&D program development.
- Manage the development and execution of an On-the-Job training system throughout the Malta site; this includes ongoing OJT systems evaluation and improvements.
- Work to support local academic institutions in the development and promotion of semiconductor technology training within their offered curriculum in order to develop a pipeline of local talent to meet long-term facility staffing needs.
- Effectively manage performance of staff members within the L&D function while driving accountability for the quality and timeliness of all L&D projects and deliverables.
- Coach and develop staff members in order to enhance their skill sets and allow them to achieve higher level performance and develop a targeted career growth plan.
- Clearly communicate project and output expectations to team members while assigning priority levels to the workload on an ongoing basis.
- Manage L&D programs in accordance with budgetary guidelines; focus on efficiency of expenditures that allow for the greatest return on investment.
- Focus upon continuous evolution within the L&D function through regular introduction and/or improvement of various learning methods such as: e-learning, mobile learning, distance learning, virtual learning environments, coaching/mentoring programs, and others.
- Develop system of KPI’s to measure the effectiveness of L&D projects and programs; make directional changes as necessary to ensure viability of L&D initiatives.
- Remain continuously connected to cross-functional partners and solicit feedback for the purpose of enhancing L&D projects and programs.
- Lead high profile projects and initiatives as requested including human capital initiatives and other L&D related programs
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities; the performance of other duties will be expected as assigned by management.
- BS degree in engineering, business, or other applicable field of study
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in training/L&D role within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years prior supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to mentor and drive staff performance
- Vast knowledge of a multitude of learning systems with demonstrated track record of successful L&D program implementations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated aptitude for public speaking
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage with multi-cultural workforce
- Strong ability to professionally interact with all levels of the organization with high effectiveness
- Well developed project management skills with ability to drive high quality work products that consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs and applications
- Supreme attention to detail with a focus on quality in all work output
- Proven ability to provide inspirational leadership and build rapport with team members on route to achieve strategic goals .
- Advanced degree in applicable field of study
- Prior experience in the semiconductor industry
- Prior experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development roles/functions
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 2 years ago