Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot firewalls, Intrusion Detection, VPN appliances, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis, security change tracking and other network security systems and devices.
• Review requests for increased network access and provide risk-analysis.
• Deliver, maintain, and improve security awareness training.
• Coordinate with business and development teams to further integrate security into application and product designs.
• Research and design solutions to technical and business problems.
• Investigate and deploy open-source and commercial tools to enhance security through better detection, correlation, review and response.
• Develop custom scripts/programs to provide security information and to integrate security tools with existing monitoring infrastructure.
• Use security tools to audit infrastructure, detect issues and coordinate remediation of any issues.
• Follow, develop, and improve network and security configuration procedures.
• Stay abreast of security concerns/issues and regularly update network engineering and operations leadership.
• Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the Operations team.
• 5 years experience with IP networking and security devices.
• 2+ years working with firewall and IDS/IPS systems.
• 2+ years of experience with Linux or other Unix-like systems.
• 1+ years with Load Balancers and traffic-management.
• Experience in at least one scripting language.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and time management skills.
• Knowledge of PCI DSS/EI3PA requirements and experience with managing audits.
• Experience with advanced application aware firewalls.
• Experience with Web application firewalls.
B.S. degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent.
Kovarus offers a comprehensive compensation package to include salary commensurate with experience and market demands; employee and family medical, dental, vision, 401K; paid holidays, vacation and sick leave benefits. Kovarus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kovarus, Inc. - 10 months ago